redfastlad

Featured Posts

The e-canal maps are good if they work on your tablet - they work on my Samsung but not on my Lenovo. The developer is pretty helpful though. They show al the bridges and locks etc. I now just use maps.me with an overlay of the canal system - not so good but it still finds shops and so on for me. And it's free.

I am looking for an Nav app for my tablet that will be useful for when we do our big tour this summer can anyone suggest something worthwhile also we are crossing the wash so hopefully it will be of some use out there?

GPS 3 free from google playstore work quite well !!

I too am planning to do the Wash this summer. I have just bought a GPS dongle, and some charts from Imrays (ID10, to match their paper chart Y9), from here. Cost about £110 all in.

You can see the results from the weekend trip here, although there is a lack of useful landmarks as the Harwich to Whitby chart (which I was using) does not go as far inland as Ely! (photos here). You can see I have added some waymarks...

The laptop sits inside, with a 3 metre USB extension, a ketchup bottle and gaffer tape to protect the dongle from the rain.

Edited by Scholar Gypsy

I am looking for an Nav app for my tablet that will be useful for when we do our big tour this summer can anyone suggest something worthwhile also we are crossing the wash so hopefully it will be of some use out there?

Also compoae Pro acurate i belive and free

For the Wash I would start by buying the up to date paper chart and having a good long look at it and where the channels are.