The Trials and Tribulations Of Historic Boat Buying ?

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

An interesting series of posts Alan, thank you! When we set about buying our converted historic boat there were very few accounts or information about strategies and tips on buying old boats. I have been meaning to put something together, and at least write up our experiences with the boats we didn't buy.

If you are not yet south of Stoke Bruerne, let me know if you need a hand through the locks - we are only 15 mins away.

As others have said Alan,

If you need a hand with some lock-wheeling up the larger flights let me know.

I'm often busy at weekends but can probably spare time during the week.

Thanks both, (and anybody else), but at the moment we have elected to pay for a mooring for Flamingo for a few months, and have no plans for it going anywhere for a while.

Thanks also to all who have shown far more interest in the whole sequence of blog posts that I ever thought they might generate. To be honest, I assumed this was all of fairly limited interest to most people, so am surprised to find quite a few individual blog posts, each with in excess of 250 reads against them!

I don't think I could cope with owning such a boat but I do take an interest in them and have followed your (mis)adventures so far most keenly.

Now do crack on with the next chapter, your public is waiting.

Now do crack on with the next chapter, your public is waiting.

There are not too many more chapters to write at the moment, and unfortunately a number of things quite unrelated to boating are in danger of ensuring the story doesn't move ahead much for a while.

I'll bring it up to date soon, though.

That would be some book if we all chipped in with our individual life with boats stories . . . .

The collective experiences shared are a huge resource to any newcomer, and I think anyone who has a passing interest as well as those of us now on the bank, would always be interested in what they are missing - good or bad.

Thank you! I, like many others I guess, am finding these blog posts interesting and entertaining. Seeing as that one finishes at the top of Buckby flight and knowing where the boat is now, I make that one more blog post to come???

Yes, although there were enough problems to deal with on that final day, that I don't think we took a single picture. The initial plan had been to take Flamingo further, but we decided instead to find a mooring for the boat for a month or two, hopefully to make sorting things out a bit easier.

Currently a few unrelated things are going down that are making that look like a good decision.