FMC Bramble

Liam

Featured Posts

It was over 5 years ago now but I was following the work being done on this boat for a few months when it was dold by British Waterways into private ownership.

Ive spent a bit of time this afternoon trying to find out what happened to the boat this afternoon online but can't seem to find anything.

Can anyone help with info? Thanks.

I was with Joe Hollingshead, the fender maker, this afternoon. He asked me for some scumble to grain out Bramble's cabin. It is lying at Stourport and the cabin has been re-fitted, the intention being to use the boat as an educational resource for schools. I don't know who did the re-fit, Joe had a few comments about the not quite right dimensions used, so I suspect it wasn't a boatbuilder. Apparently the cross bed is too narrow, while the side bed is rather higher than it should be. Steps have been fitted from the footboard to the cabin rather than the more traditional coal box. Sorry I don't know more but I can easily speak to Joe if you want me to.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks for the info Dave.

Interesting if that's the case as I was following the boat when it was in private ownership and being put back in order.

How its become to be an educational resource for school kids is interesting.

Hi, Bramble is moored outside Limekiln Chandlers at the bottom of York St. lock. We moor close by and she has been there for about a year before which she was in the lower basin but became the target for the morons. She is under the care of a local chap and is being financed by some local businessmen. The work on her is sporadic but she is looking a bit more loved now and some progress is being made as and when possible. As mentioned, the plan is she will be used as a sort of floating classroom to get kids involved with the waterways.

Colin

Its being looked after by Jim I believe who lives in the cottage beside the lock. There has been quite a bit of vandalism to it whilst it was moored in the lower basin. In time it will be a resource for the Stourport Forward to use, at the moment the Heritage Working Boats Group try to support all the events in Stourport but eventually Bramble will be there permanently.