That's it, cruising season over.

matty40s

Featured Posts

We really like cruising in the winter where stoppages allow. It's a great time for boating. We have just come back from a gentle cruise down to Ellesmere Port. It was great having a couple of quite nights in the basin there and a good amount of time to go round the museum. Next will be a cruise to Llangollen as soon as the stoppages are over. I expect we will enjoy a few weekends in between as well

If we have a close season at all it would be July and August when we normally boat very little.

I agree with much of the sentiment expressed so far, sadly the joys of Winter boating are denied us at the moment as work wise it's a busy time for us, Winter sports and all that.

But I have to admit even in late October with the long dark evenings I do struggle to pass the time when on the boat. Possibly because I don't have all the "distractions" I do at home. What do folk do to while away the hours?

I agree with much of the sentiment expressed so far, sadly the joys of Winter boating are denied us at the moment as work wise it's a busy time for us, Winter sports and all that.

But I have to admit even in late October with the long dark evenings I do struggle to pass the time when on the boat. Possibly because I don't have all the "distractions" I do at home. What do folk do to while away the hours?

At the moment I am learning welsh so a peaceful evening in the relaxing atmosphere on the boat is an ideal place to study. Other times I read, paint or do a little railway modelling. Many things really but we do have a TV and radio on the boat so when nothing else takes my interest I do use them too.

We came up Foxton yesterday.............it was virtually deserted! Only a handful of gongoozlers as well. The week before it had been heaving.The only boats we have seen today are two hire boats high tailing it back to Mkt Harborough.

Edited by tillergirl