Winter Moorings Reminder

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

If roving mooring permits were cancelled as illegitimate, in that it was deemed unfair to only offer to continuous cruisers. How can the roving winter mooring permit be offered as it seems to be offered with exactly the same requirement of being a continuous cruiser for a period of time? My point being is that l know a number of people who have recently given up their overpriced CRT or marina moorings and hope for a winter mooring permit, will they qualify? I support the Winter roving mooring permit in that it is reasonable, it is unfortunate that some boaters miss out.

Edited by Peter Cruiser

If roving mooring permits were cancelled as illegitimate, in that it was deemed unfair to only offer to continuous cruisers. How can the roving winter mooring permit be offered as it seems to be offered with exactly the same requirement of being a continuous cruiser for a period of time? My point being is that l know a number of people who have recently given up their overpriced CRT or marina moorings and hope for a winter mooring permit, will they qualify? I support the Winter roving mooring permit in that it is reasonable, it is unfortunate that some boaters miss out.

Firstly they are not a Roving Mooring as there is no requirement to move. Have your friends email me sloan.john@yahoo.Co. uk and I will speak to CRT for them I presume they have declared to CRT that they no longer have a home mooring

Why are they only available to Continuous Cruisers (or those with no Home Mooring, if you prefer).

I guess because they have home moorings

Tim

Why are they only available to Continuous Cruisers (or those with no Home Mooring, if you prefer).

Tim

I guess because they have home moorings

...but they might want to be able to leave their boat legitimately at the other end of the country for a winter, without necessarily paying exorbitant marina fees.

Tim

Are there any "winter moorings" available with electric hookup? This is a serious question and not a dig at anything. I like to be in a marina or a bankside mooring with electric and water for the winter as I've only had the boat 3 years and do like a bit of comfort over the winter months. That's of course if we get any this year.

Are there any "winter moorings" available with electric hookup? This is a serious question and not a dig at anything. I like to be in a marina or a bankside mooring with electric and water for the winter as I've only had the boat 3 years and do like a bit of comfort over the winter months. That's of course if we get any this year.

Llangollen definitely. Maybe the ones in Liverpool do also as they say they are pontoons in a 'dock'.

Llangollen definitely. Maybe the ones in Liverpool do also as they say they are pontoons in a 'dock'.

I know the ones in Liverpool all went within 30 mins of the bookings opening and would imagine Llangollen would be the same.

...but they might want to be able to leave their boat legitimately at the other end of the country for a winter, without necessarily paying exorbitant marina fees.

Tim

Sometimes we just do not get everything we want. From 1 November they can book a Visitor Mooring

Got our 4 months in Llangollen booked, love it in the winter up there, just need to get a move on to get through Whitehouse tunnel before 3/11 & start of stoppages. :)

Edited to make sense...

Edited by Jamboat

You know exactly what I meant.

Nope I don't General Towpath Winter Moorings were introduced last year as a result of Jenlyn and myself putting a proposal to CRT for a cheaper option for boaters without a home mooring to stop during the winter. I do not see it as discrimination but simply as an option available to ccers for the winter. Those with a home mooring are allowed to give up the home mooring and becoming ccers

Sometimes we just do not get everything we want. From 1 November they can book a Visitor Mooring

So not only do CC-ers get blamed for hogging VM's in Summer when it is marina dwellers leaving boats there, we now have marina dwellers able to book/hog them all winter too. Victor Narrowmind And his IWA chums will still blame CCers though.

So not only do CC-ers get blamed for hogging VM's in Summer when it is marina dwellers leaving boats there, we now have marina dwellers able to book/hog them all winter too. Victor Narrowmind And his IWA chums will still blame CCers though.

You mean all those Visitor Moorings I passed this week that were empty!! Wonder why ccers do not use them in winter or maybe it is because most boats have returned to their home moorings.

Nope I don't General Towpath Winter Moorings were introduced last year as a result of Jenlyn and myself putting a proposal to CRT for a cheaper option for boaters without a home mooring to stop during the winter. I do not see it as discrimination but simply as an option available to ccers for the winter. Those with a home mooring are allowed to give up the home mooring and becoming ccers

You keep insisting that there is only one licence, in that case the option should be available for all. Your second point is unrealistic for most people in the position I put forward.

Tim

Edit to add that I don't imagine large numbers of boaters with a home mooring would want to be paying for a second mooring, but I can envisage that it could be very useful on occasions and don't understand why the distinction is being made.

Edited by Timleech

You keep insisting that there is only one licence, in that case the option should be available for all. Your second point is unrealistic for most people in the position I put forward.

Tim

There is only one licence but different conditions depending on what you declare in the mooring section and that I think you will find is the reason why there are different types of mooring options in the winter.

There is only one licence but different conditions depending on what you declare in the mooring section and that I think you will find is the reason why there are different types of mooring options in the winter.

Please see my edit, made at the same time as your post.

Tim

Please see my edit, made at the same time as your post.

Tim

Well I have a life so will drop out now I have tried to answer your questions but you seem to want to go on and you seem to be miss taking me for someone who has nothing better to do than go round in circles with you.

I understand that lots of boaters cruise all summer and then find a winter mooring out of season. Should they advise CRT twice every year when they change status?

In other words they have a home mooring for six months and then cc for six months.

I understand that lots of boaters cruise all summer and then find a winter mooring out of season. Should they advise CRT twice every year when they change status?

In other words they have a home mooring for six months and then cc for six months.

My understanding is if they only take a mooring for 5/6 months there is no need to tell CRT if they allready have a licence showing no home mooring.