Barnton tunnel transit times

frangar

Featured Posts

We are heading southbound on the T & M and will be going through Barnton and Saltersford tunnels tomorrow....we know that Saltersford has a one way system that's on the half hour going south but both of us think we had to wait at Barnton for a timed transit last time we went through...is this right or has old age set in?....I'm beginning to think maybe we didn't now....

Cheers

Gareth

Cheers for that.....I guess the fumes from the JP are getting to me!...will try and time our arrival correctly at Saltersford.

Many thanks

Gareth

If you arrive late, there's usually just enough time to moor, get a coffee and a donut (correct spelling as per the donut police) and get cleared away before you head off into the darkness.

There is no way two narrowboats can pass in Barnton.

Infact Bruce, the last time I saw Sanity Again (with yourself on the tiller) was passing into Barnton Tunnel.

Agreed though, no way you would get two boats passing through Barnton. Might be thinking of Saltersford, which I beleive was two way until faily recently?

I can confirm that Barnton tunnel doesn't have any times.....it's also not wide enough to pass two boats....however that didn't stop the day boat from anderton trying even though we were 3/4 of the way through and were sounding the horn as we saw them come in....they did get the right idea & reverse out in the end....

Cheers

Gareth