The book barge in London

Marco_mark

Featured Posts

floating coffee shop and visitor welcome centre......sounds far too corporate for the denizens of Lunnon.

Thought there was a floating coffee shop round the corner in the triangle.

And there's a surfeit of catering in the Paddington 1 development.

Perhaps scruffy boaters full of character and good jazz are indeed at risk.

It seems they lost out on the Paddington moorings and are crying out loud on london boaters group on fb. Jesus mate, u lost, grow a pair instead of begging others to write a petition !

marco, you obviously don't like the concept or people, perhaps you will be happy with a starbucks and virtual cruise on the regent seeing as you are still looking for a boat.

floating coffee shop and visitor welcome centre......sounds far too corporate for the denizens of Lunnon.

Thought there was a floating coffee shop round the corner in the triangle.

And there's a surfeit of catering in the Paddington 1 development.

Perhaps scruffy boaters full of character and good jazz are indeed at risk.

marco, you obviously don't like the concept or people, perhaps you will be happy with a starbucks and virtual cruise on the regent seeing as you are still looking for a boat.

Hehe pretty much spot on ! I'm living on a rented boat now btw...

Hehe pretty much spot on ! I'm living on a rented boat now btw...

I hope you have full proper BSC and insurance for your rented flat.

Now you are a "proper " boater, would you still rather see a floating starbucks or the book barge there, which would more reflect the waterways as they are, not what corporate Britain would want us to be.

I hope you have full proper BSC and insurance for your rented flat.

Now you are a "proper " boater, would you still rather see a floating starbucks or the book barge there, which would more reflect the waterways as they are, not what corporate Britain would want us to be.

Well I looked at it as him losing on a bidding process and he should just accept it instead of crying like a girl. Other thing is his non existent moving pattern, he used to stay in the same spots for months, maybe that influenced crt decision as well ??

Well I looked at it as him losing on a bidding process and he should just accept it instead of crying like a girl. Other thing is his non existent moving pattern, he used to stay in the same spots for months, maybe that influenced crt decision as well ??

Let's all hope your rented boat is official before commenting on hear say about other boats. The book barge was paying for the mooring.

Paying for mooring in 3 or 4 different places in London ?

Don't ask us, ask CRT commercial dept.

Go on, tell us about your rented boat, are you on holiday?? Has the gas been checked for commercial letting use, do you have enhanced insurance and has your landlord got full Public Liability Insurance in case you knock down Tower Bridge?/??

Don't ask us, ask CRT commercial dept.

Go on, tell us about your rented boat, are you on holiday?? Has the gas been checked for commercial letting use, do you have enhanced insurance and has your landlord got full Public Liability Insurance in case you knock down Tower Bridge?/??

Well that's my landlords problem not mine, also this thread is about book barge, not my living arrangements. So you're bit ot.

Paying for mooring in 3 or 4 different places in London ?

You need to read up on the trade boats and how the licence system works for them.

At the moment, there is a bigger problem with "unofficial " rented boats in london.

Well that's my landlords problem not mine

Really?

Oh dear

You need to read up on the trade boats and how the licence system works for them.

At the moment, there is a bigger problem with "unofficial " rented boats in london.

Thanks, I will check it out. I didn't know that the trade boats were allowed to over stay though.

Where are the results published? I'm interested in knowing why a £12bn international real estate company would want to be bothered with a floating coffee shop.

I share your concerns that we now have a Property Development Company replacing a sole trader who seems to be very popular. No security of tenure how can an independant business hope to outbid a large corporation. Is this another sign that those with plenty of money can buy what they wish on the canal system?

has your landlord got full Public Liability Insurance in case you knock down Tower Bridge?/??

I did not realise you could rent out City Cruisers?

Trying to remember the score, is it Westminster Bridge twice, Tower Bridge once, one narrowboat and one rubbish barge?

Thanks, I will check it out. I didn't know that the trade boats were allowed to over stay though.

Are there not two distinct situations? Most of the trading boats on the system have a roving traders licence. This allows them to trade but gives them no more overstaying rights than anyone else (including spots with less than 14 days) The spaces in Paddington are for 'permanent' traders (ie permanent until the lease runs out and someone outbids next time around)