Hello

Mr Skinns

Featured Posts

I just found this board while trying to find an excuse not to revise for my podiatry exam, and thought I would pop in and say hi. My friend is in the process of building a new cananal boar marina near Loughborough. If any on is interested please check his blog or website.

http://pillingslock.wordpress.com/

http://pillingslock.com/

Thats it really, hello and good bye.

Well I'm from Brighton myself studying podiatry at eastbourne, but Im a mature student so not sure if that counts.

Only a (poor) joke. :D My plates are giving me gyp, what do you suggest? Any value in a salted footbath?

Welcome!

You will find everything from lunacy to amazing erudition. I have benefitted from lots and lots of ideas. I fact I am totally addicted to the forum!

Nick

Tomsk - what's that ya selling? New avatar?

It's Mole Poison..... A state of war exists between me and Moley since he called me a pillock the other day. Please do not be alarmed, this is a regular occurance (both the labelling of myself as a pillock by Moleman and the State of War thing). At an appropriate juncture I will forgive him and my own twisted version of 'normality' will resume, my avatar will revert to it's usual cuddly Womble self. Those in the know will confirm that I usually display a selection of gin traps to signify a period of hostilities, but I thought I would ring the changes with some poison this time.

Moles, and a state of war, now that brings back some memories! Was moored up alongside talking to the landowner who was trying to gas the moles that had invaded his land. Its quite normal to gas the little beasties with the exhaust from a tractor but this guy was doing it with a calor gas cylinder. He was quite simply pushing a hose into the mole hill and turning on the gas. After he had finished he came over to our boat, explained that it was a good job done, lit his pipe and threw the match down.

It wasn't so much an explosion but more of an extended whoooomphhhhh, his land now resembling a first world war trench map or aerial photograph. I swear blind that we saw two moles cart-wheeling into oblivion!

We do meet some oddities in our travels.

Theo, there's hope for you yet. You've admitted you're addicted. Now you can seek help.

Janet

The problem is that I don't want help.

N

Stunts? What's that, rhyming slang?

Steve

Thanks for reminding me of a former work colleague (we are both now retired). Apparently his wife used to work for an all women organisation that organised events. The organisation went by the name 'Cunning Stunts'. As you might expect it was not that unusual for someone answering the phone to suffer from Spooner's syndome. It is mentioned in Robert Morley's 'Book of Bricks'.