Nottingham Boats.

pete.i

Featured Posts

Afternoon all.

Has anyone any info on Nottingham Boat Sales. I have been trying to get hold of them for 3 days. I have rung 3 times and nobody picks up the phone. I have emailed them twice and no reply. I am aware that they are not open on Tuesdays.

Any info would be appreciated.

Pete

I bought my boat from them a couple of months ago, and they are difficult to get hold of at times. Very frustrating, I know. But I'm surprised you haven't been re-routed to one of their very annoying call-centre operatives who clearly don't work at the yard and are not overly blessed with grey matter, but at least they take a message and pass it on.

Hi

Okay thanks for that. Nope the phone is just ringing and I did stay on for a good few minutes. Rang them 3 times so far and emailed them twice and no response. Oh well I will keep trying. Thanks anyway.

Pete

Yes indeed, they also sold their own brand of Castle Class narrowboats. the chief salesman was Chris Pallett. This was a dozen or so years ago so the set-up may have changed by now.

Hi all

Tis these people I have never dealt with them but someone told me they were a good brokerage. I have a plan for the future of my boating and I just wanted a chat with them. But, so far, that is not to be.

http://www.notts-boats.co.uk/

Pete

Edited by pete.i

Can't help with contacting them but I'm not sure if the brokerage and the building is now on the same site. The brokerage is still at Castle marina I think managed by the younger Shakespeare brother, can't remember his name. Findlay Shakespeare runs the building part from a site on Meadow lane on the trent opposite Notts forests ground.

There are a number of forum members that have had boats from them and ours was built by them.

Don't mean this to sound like criticism but we got what we paid for, on time and we are satisfied with it. We are having to fix a few things after only two years but it meets our needs. It's a holiday boat not a live aboard.

Kev

Edited by Suzie_q

I think the brokerage side is now also at Meadow Lane. They have a sales pontoon (guessing 5 or 6 boats in length) on the Trent just before Meadow Lane Lock, and 'dozens' of boats on hard standing on the top of the embankment.

Went past (on the Trent) a couple or three weeks ago and the sales boats were rafted up 2 and 3 deep on the pontoon.

Not sure of the situation then as there are still boats with for sale signs on hard standing at Castle marina. At least there were 2 weeks ago when I passed.

Maybe they have a lot of stock. ?

Just been doing my research. these are 2 separate company's!

Nottingham boat sales - on meadow lane they build and have a brokerage. they used to be at castle marina before Meadow lane but moved some years ago.

Castle marina are a brokerage they have been there for 15 years and still going strong. I will be selling my boat with them!

wish me luck.

Just been doing my research. these are 2 separate company's!

Nottingham boat sales - on meadow lane they build and have a brokerage. they used to be at castle marina before Meadow lane but moved some years ago.

Castle marina are a brokerage they have been there for 15 years and still going strong. I will be selling my boat with them!

wish me luck.

Good luck with that. I hope you have more success getting hold of them than I have, so far.

Pete

wish me luck.

That's David Mamby. I thought they only sold grp boats?

Is yours one of those?

Good luck btw.

A plastic boat.

Sorry I was wrong Chris Pallett has now joined David Mawby team and they now sell narrow boats as well there.

That explains why there are still narrow boats on the hard standing at the marina.

Nottingham Boat sales moved from Castle marina at the end of last year, to Meadow Lane where they build the boats. Dave Mawby who's been selling GRP cruisers for many years has taken over the narrowboat brokerage as well at castle marina now. When I went down the other day lots of the boats, both grp and narrowboats were under offer so I guess he's doing something right. He also does hull blacking, when I was down in Newark last week I met a guy who'd just had his boat blacked looked like a great job. I'd certainly recommend them.

Surely Meadow lane is near Notts County's ground, not Forest's?

Country's ground is a few hundred yards away. Forest ground is the opposite side of the river from the boat yard which I think is what I said.

You can see both grounds if you stand on trent bridge.

Castle Marina is closed on Tuesday, which may be why they didn't answer the phone. Have you tried them on their mobiles? David's is 07721 382619, and Chris ( I think he looks after the narrowboat side of the business) is 07799 316 704.

Just to confirm Chris is definitely looking after the narrowboat side. Chatting to him the other day his only problem was getting enough boats in to sell.

Notts boats and Dave Mawby are completely independent of each other.

Pete

P.S. nothing to do with either company I just moor at castle marina and bought my boat from Chris many years ago

Castle Marina is closed on Tuesday, which may be why they didn't answer the phone. Have you tried them on their mobiles? David's is 07721 382619, and Chris ( I think he looks after the narrowboat side of the business) is 07799 316 704.

I knew that they were closed on Tuesday. I tried 2 emails on Sunday and a phone call. I tried a phone call on Monday and a phone call on wednesday. Thanks for the mobile numbers although I'm not sure that they would appreciate me ringing on their mobiles as they haven't put those numbers in the website. I might have a ride down sometime next week and see if I can have a chat. The only problem with that is that I am in Selby and whilst Nottingham isn't that far away it is a bit far to go to find that nobody is there for whatever reason.

Pete

Pete