API CD Oil for Barrus Shire

RichLech

Featured Posts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290745538568?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Barrus recommend 15/40 API CD for my 2005 Shire 45 engine.

Usually difficult to find unless you buy the very expensive Barrus oil.

Just come across this on Ebay.

Anyone got experience of Exol oils?

Yes they are at the top of Northfield rd in Rotherham used to be greenline oils and then exon before that they changed the name after the exon valdives incident I believe. They are the countries largest independent oil supplier so the board says our garage oil comes from them and its cheap 5 30 fully syn C3 spec under 2 squids a litre including the VAT.

Peter

I just serviced my Barrus Shire 40 using this oil, it's the same spec as Barrus recommends so I can't see a problem. . I purchased a case of 4 from them £51.84 including delivery, so I've got enough for 2 services (engine uses 7.5 Litres and the PRM150 gearbox 1.4 litres). Works out a lot cheaper than buying 2 at a time. Arrived the next day. I also got the filters from inlinefilters.co.uk, loads cheaper than the Barrus ones. The only Barrus filter I had to get was the air filter as I couldn't find an equivalent one.

Yes they are at the top of Northfield rd in Rotherham used to be greenline oils and then exon before that they changed the name after the exon valdives incident I believe. They are the countries largest independent oil supplier so the board says our garage oil comes from them and its cheap 5 30 fully syn C3 spec under 2 squids a litre including the VAT.

Peter

So presumably the oil arrived there via Humber Princess?

Don't get hung up on manufacturer's recommendations, just get the closest you can to their spec. I've never used Barrus' spec of oil in my '99 Shire 2000 from new & its still going strong, minimal smoke etc. after 14 years & nearly 3,000 hours.

Edited by Spuds