Cat problem

Stevethetrain

Featured Posts

Regarding docking, some working dogs such as gun dogs can be docked as there is a very real danger that injury to tails may occur while dogs are running through brush, scrub and brambles.

Some dogs are born with very short tails too.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Not really because you would only be able to get cats or dogs from a reputable licensed breeder. The fact that there are thousands of unwanted cats and dogs in rescue centres is proof of this. Rescue centres are busting at the seams plus all the animals that are placed with fosterers till homes can be found for them without whom the animals would have to be put down. Many times we, as fosterers cared for as many as 6 dogs as did others because the rescue centre had no room.

So yes they should be neutered.

Phil

The problem is that breeders breed pedigrees to a pattern and they are often not as healthy, we have 2 german shepherds love them dearly but by gum one has chronic skin issues acne sensitive skin, the other a white is so thick he drives me nuts.

on the otherhand our rescue jack russell is a healthy happy dog took a couple of years to bring him round as he had been badly mistreated but he is a star now.

the 2 GSD will be the last pedigrees we ever have and yes they have papers. all our beasties are neutered.

After the Panorama programme the pedigree breeding standards where supposed to have been amended to stop deformities in dogs .

Also why are dogs tails still being docked I thought this was illegal ?

Regards letting cats roam to do their toilet elsewhere why is it not alright for dogs to do the same ?

Cats can be kept indoors with no problems for their health so why insist that they go out at night to fend for themselves and find warmth and shelter where they can I have seen "loved" cats out overnight in the snow on freezing winter nights.

Cat's are nocturnal, they prefer to go out at night in any weather. Also cats generally bury their mess and prefer to mess in undergrowth rather than pavements or tow paths.

Cats can be kept indoors, but they would much prefer to be let outside at will.

Cat's are nocturnal, they prefer to go out at night in any weather. Also cats generally bury their mess and prefer to mess in undergrowth rather than pavements or tow paths.

Cats can be kept indoors, but they would much prefer to be let outside at will.

Cats are disgusting filthy animals they come and shit in my garden, have tried most repellents and they dont work.

Thinking that I might have to escalate the deterrent and start shooting them with a super soaker, if that doesnt work it may be a paintball gun next.

At least if I keep the gate shut next doors dogs, that are left loose to roam except when I catch them and tie them to the telegraph pole, cant get in and shit.

What advice has the Vet given regarding treatment Steve? I have no idea of the difference between the different stages of kidney disease, nor how serious liver problems are with cats.

Not trying to be morbid, but I have a cat who just turned 15 last week, and since we lost Gabby his sister he has steadily been loosing weight. although he eats and drinks as normal. We've given him a couple of rounds of worming medicine in the last couple of months in case he's picked up worms somehow, but he just keeps loosing weight. But no other symptoms, not messing in the boat, normal amount of hairballs, just a clumsy as he's always been, activity level as per normal for him & eating and drinking as per normal. Dave insists its just his age.

Wishing you all the best.

Cats are disgusting filthy animals they come and shit in my garden, have tried most repellents and they dont work.

Thinking that I might have to escalate the deterrent and start shooting them with a super soaker, if that doesnt work it may be a paintball gun next.

At least if I keep the gate shut next doors dogs, that are left loose to roam except when I catch them and tie them to the telegraph pole, cant get in and shit.

So.....I take it you don't care for either dogs or cats from the above? Do you or have you ever had any type of pet that you cared for? If not, that's ok. There are some people who simply don't care for pets of any form, just the same as there are people who don't care for children and hence don't have any.

I happen to be one of the latter. However, I would not post on a thread such as this my feelings about them, especially where an individual may be at a point of having to make some difficult/emotional decisions.

The above threat of shooting someone's pet with a paint ball gun, pretty much puts you in a worse league IMO, then the Coventry women who shut the cat in the wheely bin and left it there as she walked past.

As far as I'm concerned a plague of a 1,000 cats with diarrhea, visiting your garden might be fit justice. And that's coming from someone who tries to see the good in everyone, and normally wishes no ill will.

I do make the odd exception though!

• Greenie 3

Have had two cats and one dog lovely creatures they were bur then they never shat in anyones garden as where we were the neatest garden was 300yards away.

Cats are wild creatures and shouldnt be kept ad pets.

Oh and as for kids I had them as well, they are acceptable now they are over 30.

Have had two cats and one dog lovely creatures they were bur then they never shat in anyones garden as where we were the neatest garden was 300yards away.

Cats are wild creatures and shouldnt be kept ad pets.

Oh and as for kids I had them as well, they are acceptable now they are over 30.

You clearly no nothing about cats, they have been domesticated for thousands of years.

Clearly says a lot more about you than "filthy cats"!

Edited by Julynian
  • Greenie 1

You clearly no nothing about cats, they have been domesticated for thousands of years

You think that cats are domesticated?

They own you not you owning them.

Edited by Loddon