RAIN/SUN CANOPY

steveiom

Featured Posts

When waiting at the Anderton Lift on Thursday we spotted a boat with a neat looking canopy going from the taff rail, over the helmsman's head and fastening near the rear hatch.

It looked a bit like a paraglider wing,as opposed to the full stern enclosed cover.

Any suggestions where we can get one or is it a case of DIY?

I remember someone posting here a couple of years ago about making something for their boat that fits this description, using something like a pop-up tent- thinking back, does that seem viable?

The images posted made it look very professional and not home made.

**Edit, I am clearly a memory savant... Is this it?

http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55612&hl=%2Btent+%2Bcanopy

Edited by Starcoaster

Check out "Bimini" hood/top common on lumpy water power boats, sometimes found on sticks and rag boats. Maybe somebody has had one modified for a NB

Phil

Our canopies on NC are designed so that the sides take out leaving just the top as a Bimini. Great for making some shade when it's very hot and sunny.

Perhaps this NB has had the hoods made the same way?

Our canopies on NC are designed so that the sides take out leaving just the top as a Bimini. Great for making some shade when it's very hot and sunny.

Perhaps this NB has had the hoods made the same way?

Yes that's what I was thinking, though I reckon most Narrow boaters would be puzzled by the term "Bimini"

Phil