Front Fender

mark99

Featured Posts

quick lash up with scrap piece of tyre from yesterday. Wrapped around a piece of plastic waste pipe and held with self tappers, this is as tight as I can get it. I imagine the more worn the tyre, the easier it will be.

If this was a piece of iron pipe, a chain could be welded/bolted to it and make for easy fixing. The tyre might be bolted to the pipe. It would need a bit more tyre tread to make it really effective, maybe five turns. I would estimate that this is just less than half of the available tyre (vague I know smile.png )

DSCF2855.jpg

Edited by Guest

Horses for courses though, Mike.

Indeed, I was just making a purely personal comment. If you regularly put your bow fender against lock gates while ascending or descending then protecting the fender is probably not a bad idea.

Edited by blackrose

Indeed, I was just making a purely personal comment. If you regularly put your bow fender against lock gates while ascending or descending then protecting the fender is probably not a bad idea.

That is what knackers them in my experience. It is not something we would do in wide locks on the L&L etc, (IIRC that is what caused a horrible accident with a charity boat some years ago.)

A beautiful inflatable doll replica of ''Venus asleep'' with flowing locks streaming in the breeze lashed to the bows would make a much nicer fender-figurehead than some rotten old, slashed to bits, inside out motor tyre. From the waist upwards is all that's needed for the bow end, her volumptuous and alluring bottom could be lashed to the stern to moon as an adornment and fender. rolleyes.gif

O7lBvCX.jpg