Boat sunk in Middlewich

Zayna

Featured Posts

as far as i know the "owner" was present the day it sank, the story was it was being taken to the weaver where it would be for hire, after they floated it, it was taken into dry dock between the 2 locks.

The boats in the location above Tracy!

Stop weaving webs!

Funny how when the difficult questions begin, Tracey goes all secretive.

I wonder why. I don't buy this 'subject of a court case' rubbish. NOTHING adds up in her story.

I think she is fishing for information. I just can't quite decide what she is after, given we've found the boat, and now it turns out she knew all along where it was.

MtB

I undertstand that now, however, as this is a new built boat.....it's not been listed as a company asset as yet with companies house. Therefore still as a Directors loan.

Are you REALLY an accountant? You seem to me to have a shockingly weak grasp of accounting principles.

MtB

The company has one (sole) Director (Directors may or may not be share holders in a company.

In this company there are two part-owners Tracey & Bob who each hold 50% of the companiy shares (1 each)

Bob is just as entiltled to take/use/ move the boat as Tracey is, which is why the Police say no criminal offence has been comitted.

wrong

directors are the boss of what goes on in a company - if the shareholder(s) disagree & want to assert their power then they need to do it via an official company meeting

Other than that, it's good to see the forum giving a struggling business a virtual kicking - well done chaps

Other than that, it's good to see the forum giving a struggling business a virtual kicking - well done chaps

You don't think they are shooting themselves in the foot then? Washing dirty linen in public is rarely a good business plan

Richard

Are you REALLY an accountant? You seem to me to have a shockingly weak grasp of accounting principles.

MtB

Well I'm REALLY an accountant and i can tell you that you don't recognise part completed assets as fixed assets in the accounts so Tracy is correct

but dont let silly things like facts spoil your fun

Well I'm REALLY an accountant and i can tell you that you don't recognise part completed assets as fixed assets in the accounts so Tracy is correct

However when it is completed?

Which one assumes it was given it was allegedly on hire the day after it was "stolen"

If it wasn't recorded as a company assert how does the insurance work?

You don't think they are shooting themselves in the foot then? Washing dirty linen in public is rarely a good business plan

Richard

i have no idea what Tracy's motivations for posting are

The dirty linen is coming out when Tracy responds to nosy questions from idiots who fancy themselves as business experts - I'm not sure why she doesn't just tell them to feck off tbh

The dirty linen is coming out when Tracy responds to nosy questions from idiots who fancy themselves as business experts - I'm not sure why she doesn't just tell them to feck off tbh

Because that would be great publicity?

Dunno about telling them to feck off, shutting up would seem to be a good plan at the moment.

As you say, it's nothing to do with us. Unfortunately by continuing the conversation Tracey is getting people interested and the internet being what it is, you can dig up loads of stuff these days

Richard

Richard

But Miss, Tracey was originally claiming that she paid for the build so the boat belonged to HER, not the company.

As a professional accountant, can you confirm she is correct please?

Many thanks.

MtB

But Miss, Tracey was originally claiming that she paid for the build so the boat belonged to HER, not the company.

As a professional accountant, can you confirm she is correct please?

Many thanks.

MtB

What do you think?

Perhaps she used the company credit card!

Edited by Naughty Cal

The company has one (sole) Director (Directors may or may not be share holders in a company.

In this company there are two part-owners Tracey & Bob who each hold 50% of the companiy shares (1 each)

Bob is just as entiltled to take/use/ move the boat as Tracey is, which is why the Police say no criminal offence has been comitted.

Where did you see that Bob has a 50% ownership interest? Is that on the page I linked?

I kinda doubt that Bob is entitled to use the company assets however and whenever he pleases, though. I can see where the police would be hesitant to get involved in a civil matter, however, if, for example, I owned £1 million worth of Rolls Royce stock, or even £10 million worth, that doesn't mean I could just stroll into the Rolls Royce factory and drive off with one of their automobiles. If White-Nancy (UK) Ltd. has but one director, and that Director is Tracey, then she's the boss lady and she's the person who says who can use what company asset and when/if they can use them. It doesn't matter if she owns 1% and Bob owns 99%, if Bob wants to use one of the company boats he either has to get Tracey's permission or fire her and appoint a new director and then get that director's permission to use one of the boats.

Apparently the police had the opportunity to stop Bob from using the boat but Bob managed to BS his way past the police and the result was a sunken boat. The police involved should have impounded the boat when they found Bob using it and let attorneys sort it out in the light of day. It would appear that the police really dropped the ball on this one and I would imagine that the insurance company is going to go after the police officer(s) and police department involved for the cost of repairing the boat. I'd also imagine that they've told Tracey to keep her mouth shut about particulars until the matter is resolved.

Looking at the reviews from their customers, and looking at the "Help Wanted" ad on her web site, I doubt the company would last long anyway. Tracey is trying to hire someone to be on call 24/7 but only pay them for seven to ten hours per week. Inasmuch as she provides someone to drive her boats for £10/hour, she probably pays this person minimum wage, and the job is seasonal. Looking at that job criteria, Tracey obviously has an "I'm the Lord and you're the serf" kind of attitude as it takes a huge amount of unmitigated gall to even offer a "job" like that. Someone has to have their head in a real dark place to think that anyone should be on call seven days a week for no remuneration other than actual hours worked. No wonder her boats and the accouterments are filthy.

• Greenie 1

Paul G2, on 19 Jul 2014 - 8:50 PM, said:

Where did you see that Bob has a 50% ownership interest? Is that on the page I linked?

No its on companycheck.co.uk

Shareholders equity £10,793

Issued Share Capital £2.00

Shareholders (Top 20 names shown) Number of Shares (at Value) Share Type Ownership (%)

BILL BATES 1 (at £1) ORDINARY 50.00

TRACEY BARLOW 1 (at £1) ORDINARY 50.00

Edited by Alan de Enfield

wrong

directors are the boss of what goes on in a company - if the shareholder(s) disagree & want to assert their power then they need to do it via an official company meeting

I suspect the TripAdvisor comments have done that long before this thread even opened!

Have you read them?