Harecastle Tunnel mooring

Tuscan

Featured Posts

Heading north is there good mooring just before Harecastle Tunnel ? Is it safe or is there a better choice before we get there?

We recently stopped on the visitor mooring just before the tunnel - it's on the left just before the canal narrows down, the waiting area is on the right and opposite it is a water point. We had no problem there - although it was raining very hard when we got there.

Dave

Going on memory from 2 years ago, there is not much in the way of mooring just before the tunnel. We stopped by the lake / country park just before bridge 128.

It was warm and sunny and so the park was quite busy, but I don't think there can be a pub near there, because by early evening it was quiet and all the picnickers had gone home. Then its an easy 20 minutes to the tunnel in the morning (where I banged my head, but thats another story!)

Going on memory from 2 years ago, there is not much in the way of mooring just before the tunnel.

Plenty of room this year! I suppose it depends on just what you want from a mooring. We found it very peaceful, and that's all we want.

Dave