The Humber has struck again

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

You would be wrong again, unless of course you think the narrowboats on the River Hull, Beverley Beck and Ancholme can fly!

Very few out on that stretch of water

Its a perfectly valid topic in a boating forum what is your problem?

The forum isn't for the exclusive use of Narrow boaters....

In fact 'shock horror' you don't actually have to have a boat of any description to be a member and take part.

Just have no interest in in a yachtsman going out for an hours jolly, not knowing the tides getting grounded and calling the coastguard out and there has been more interest in this post for what I have wrote then the original topic. :-)

Just have no interest in in a yachtsman going out for an hours jolly, not knowing the tides getting grounded and calling the coastguard out and there has been more interest in this post for what I have wrote then the original topic. :-)

The fact that you don't find it interesting does not mean that no-one else does.

Foolish to run aground-yes .Have I ever run aground -Yes .Did I learn from the experience-yes .Did I call out the lifeboat-No. The various lifeboats are for saving life at sea,not a maritime breakdown service .I hope they re-imbursed the cost of launching the lifeboat(I believe it is about £500 for a R.I.B.type lifeboat.

Northernboater, on 21 May 2014 - 1:58 PM, said:Northernboater, on 21 May 2014 - 1:58 PM, said:

People perhaps have just read it rather than add a comment........

The thread has actually had 684 views, and counting. (I should add that could be 684 views by the same person but I seriously doubt it)

Edited by The Dog House

So once again, don't read it.

If it is of no interest to you why keep commenting?

Foolish to run aground-yes .Have I ever run aground -Yes .Did I learn from the experience-yes .Did I call out the lifeboat-No. The various lifeboats are for saving life at sea,not a maritime breakdown service .I hope they re-imbursed the cost of launching the lifeboat(I believe it is about £500 for a R.I.B.type lifeboat.

I'm fairly sure they will donate some money to Humbef Rescue. Anybody who has had to call on them would no doubt do the same.

I should imagine very few have taken a canal boat out there though and that means a narrowboat not a high speed river cruiser like yours.

You obviously got out of bed on the wrong side and have very skewed ideas about what classifies as a canal boat

My canal boat was built for Northern canals in 1929 and regularly traded that area and she most definitely is NOT a narrow boat

My canal boat was built for Northern canals in 1929 and regularly traded that area and she most definitely is NOT a narrow boat

Sounds interesting...Can we have some photos (If that's alright with Northernboater of course).

Sabina H almost beyond recovery

Sabina H  2010

Sabina H

built 1929 for Harkers rebuilt fairly extensively in the 60's and used by P Horlocks of Mistley as a sulphuric acid tanker on the East coast. When retired from trade used as a liveaboard on the Thames. Became a sinker and was at Greenwich waiting to be cut up. Gradually rebuilt over many years as a cruising home
  • Greenie 1

The thread has actually had 684 views, and counting. (I should add that could be 684 views by the same person but I seriously doubt it)

My fingers getting sore now.....can I stop yet ???? ninja.gif

Yes it's odd how you can miss something right under your nose. It's like when you've spent ages struggling to find a fault and someone comes along and points and says "have you tried that" GRRRRRRRR!!! cheers John