Metal index plates

Ratty & Moley

Featured Posts

Anyone know where I can get metal registration plates made ? Our boat was purchased on BW but now we have moved her to EA we have a new registration number. If I remove the existing plates I will have about 12 holes to fill and paint over so ideally want the same size plates made with our new number.

Thanks

A

I thought they encouraged rust behind them, thats why most people get the sign writer to put the number on.

You are right about rust behind plates, have heard several people complain about it, so its vinyl or signwrite I guess. There is an option I hate which is a car number plate stuck in the window or worse still an old cornflake packet and felt tip pen.

Phil

I have never noticed a boat on ea waters using a number - they usually have a name to identify the boat and if its a duplicate name something like 'Kingfisher 24' or whatever.

Only era water I go on is the Thames so maybe elsewhere its different.

Edit era=ea -ruddy fone!!-

quote name="magnetman" post="1296580" timestamp="1398624644" date="Today, 07:50 PM"]

I have never noticed a boat on ea waters using a number - they usually have a name to identify the boat and if its a duplicate name something like 'Kingfisher 24' or whatever.

Edit era=ea -ruddy fone!!-Here in the fens showing numbers is a recent thing (3 or 4 years) and many people have not bothered until getting a tug from EA patrols. They are however obliged to display reg number, the fact they have not bothered to read license document is their problem.

Phil

Edited by Phil Ambrose

quote name="magnetman" post="1296580" timestamp="1398624644" date="Today, 07:50 PM"]

Edit era=ea -ruddy fone!!-

Here in the fens showing numbers is a recent thing (3 or 4 years) and many people have not bothered until getting a tug from EA patrols. They are however obliged to display reg number, the fact they have not bothered to read license document is their problem.

Phil

No Registration number displayed on EA thames Licensed vessels.

Boat's name displayed on both sides of bow(not always enforced)

One nameplate on the stern but Canal boats are permitted to use nameplates on the sides of the cabin instead of.

CT

No Registration number displayed on EA thames Licensed vessels.

Boat's name displayed on both sides of bow(not always enforced)

One nameplate on the stern but Canal boats are permitted to use nameplates on the sides of the cabin instead of.

CT

You'd think the EA would have the same regs across the board.

Phil

My boat is on EA waters & it has a number displayed. Unfortunately the number displayed is it's old BW/CaRT number.
From what I can tell the (correct) number is supposed to be displayed, for now I'm going with the fact that the correct number is on my river licence which is in the (wrong) window = number displayed. I've got my licence in the side window like you would on the canals, but it is supposed to be displayed at the front.

Interesting point about the G for Great Ouse & N for Nene, I was wondering about that, because my number is G113100, but I'm on the Nene, most of the boats I've noticed here also have N