Canal 'Red Routes'

NigelMoore

Featured Posts

When I saw 'Red Route' I immediately thought of motorbikes. As someone who has almost always had a motorbike, Red Routes imply to me fantastic roads where motorbikes go really fast & quite a few bikers die cuz they are crap at riding their bikes & cant handle the speed. The police dont publish these red routes on the grounds that it will attract more bikers, leading to more of them dying.

So in relation to canals, I had vision of narrowboats tear arsing up & down said canal, with several of the steerers dying cuz they cant handle those high speeds... 4+mph

Seems I was wrong

Balanced letter from the Friend's of Regents Canal, responding to calls for removal of all moorings in Islington.

Isn't it ever thus. There is a small minority of people who feel that the rules of common decency don't apply to them. This rather spoils it for the rest of us.

For the sake of a bit of thought all of us may suffer.

If C&RT were to enforce the rules on mooring that may go some way to helping the situation. I believe that some of the problem is down to people not actually breaking the rules, but just being a bit anti social, ie burning smoky fuels in a smokeless zone and running generators at all hours. How you would tackle this I don't know.

Bob

edit fer spelin

Edited by lyraboat

Well I have never seen a "red route", marked with red no parking lines, outside of London.

Note I do live outside that conurbation!

Lots of red routes in Solihull, they just indicate no stopping at any time. That is on the roads though not canals.

Well I have never seen a "red route", marked with red no parking lines, outside of London.

Note I do live outside that conurbation!

I belive they first appeared in Cambridge.

Bod