Magnets

magnetman

Featured Posts

Hey folks, steady on.

Magnetman posted an advert, then read the terms of use and withdrew it. I got stuck in the middle.

But, he's not someone who has joined just to place an ad. He's a liveaboard boater of quite long standing, so has every right to be here, certainly far more than I have, so back off a bit and make the guy feel welcome.

I suggest we leave this and all adjourn to the bar.

Who's for a beer? :)

Fair enough moley but my comment was supposed to be light hearted, and even humorous if viewed in poor light. Magnetman misinterpreted and I tried to point that out in a light hearted if cak-handed way. My apologies to all concerned and I'll get my coat and make my way to the virtual pub.

Looking something up in a book doesn't prove effective use of the English language. I'm sure most other people reading my posts understand both the sentiment and meaning. If you choose to misinterpret or misunderstand then feel free.

A.P.O.L.O.G.Y.

You have made 280 posts here (i did look that up).

I have something like 10 or maybe 12, so yes I am

new to this game and you are not so in that sense

perhaps you know how to conduct yourself in a more

orderly fashion than me.

A.P.O.L.O.G.Y.

You have made 280 posts here (i did look that up).

I have something like 10 or maybe 12, so yes I am

new to this game and you are not so in that sense

perhaps you know how to conduct yourself in a more

orderly fashion than me.

281 actually, no 282 now damn these post counters. Orderly? I hope not! Friendly, hopefully and argumentative, definitely (the four lesser known dwarves). Oh and absolutely not fashionable!

Magnet, i think everyones long got over any grudges they may have had, i say lets take this over to the virtual pub and drink to magnets and there many uses!

Daniel

Sorry to be pendantic but its magnetMAN. Thanks for your input, it was most certainly appreciated.

I am new to this game and you are not so in that sense

perhaps you know how to conduct yourself in a more orderly fashion than me.

That's not quite right or fair, but some of the longer standing members or more prolific posters gain a pretty good idea of how far we can push each-other, or what we can get away with without causing offence. Others seem determined to grab hold of the wrong end of any stick that's waved in their vague direction.

There's a bloke who drops his son off at the same school as my boy. His boot is one HUGE speaker. I bet the magnet in that could be used to recover sunken boats.

Peter Ebdon's 8-6 up against John Higgins, first to 9. Wicked bit of snooker.

................ANYWAY...................the magnet on ebay impressed me (see film/demo on You Tube) so I am going to get one. Thanks for bringing the product to my attention Magnetman.

No problem.

Maybe I just don't know when to stop but what about "Whats the most unlikely thing you've had out on the magnet?"

I'll start with the doors of two different safes. Grove Bridge Watford by the new golf course.

Who's this MidgetMAN whose selling mushrooms? I'll have half a pound I luv a fry up :)

Have to go to Croxley common moor and find some, alternatively would you accept unpackaged tesco mushrooms if I said they were wild?

Thanks for your interest Bodger_1.

Doh! Whats that about misspelling and pedantry? Maybe its about the fact that user names are user names and misspellings might lead to a mistaken identity.

Have to go to Croxley common moor and find some, alternatively would you accept unpackaged tesco mushrooms if I said they were wild?

I'd be pretty wild too if I was just sitting there growing happily in a field and somebody uprooted me.

Has anyone got any of those shrooms left? :)

No its too crowded in here (there's not mush room)

Ive had our lump hammer out of the cut with the seasearcher a few months ago.

- I just stood there 'fishing' with it for about 20mins while talking to the guy on the back of the boat next to us.

- He thought it was most amusing that i thought i would find it (and thats i droped it in the first place, which he also saw)

- However, after pulling up a sash-window weight, and a rust old key, low an be hold, there was another interruption in the convosation as i gracefully pulled out our hammer. One-Nil!

Ive also had a few number of mooring pins out, one of hours, and a hireboats, and one other for someone else. Never any windlasses tho.

Daniel

Ive had our lump hammer out of the cut with the seasearcher a few months ago.

- I just stood there 'fishing' with it for about 20mins while talking to the guy on the back of the boat next to us.

- He thought it was most amusing that i thought i would find it (and thats i droped it in the first place, which he also saw)

- However, after pulling up a sash-window weight, and a rust old key, low an be hold, there was another interruption in the convosation as i gracefully pulled out our hammer. One-Nil!

Ive also had a few number of mooring pins out, one of hours, and a hireboats, and one other for someone else. Never any windlasses tho.

Daniel

I have one, but haven't found anything yet - I think I might go trawling with it at some point!

Maybe I should have included this one, which I posted a long time ago: I used to keep our magnet in a locker without a rope attached, then tie on whatever came to hand when needed. One day at the top of Buckby I lent it to a boater who had dropped his windlass; while I was looking back in the locker for my length of rope, he threw the magnet into the lock and asked me "OK what happens next?". I can't imagine just how he thought it was supposed to work ... did he think it sat on the bottom and threw the lost item back up to him, or what?

So I tied one of my windlasses to the rope and threw it into the lock. When I pulled it up again, the sea-searcher was well attached to my windlass. Problem solved, but we never did locate HIS windlass.

Allan

So I tied one of my windlasses to the rope and threw it into the lock. When I pulled it up again, the sea-searcher was well attached to my windlass. Problem solved, but we never did locate HIS windlass.

Allan

Good lateral thinking Allan. Where do you get a seaseacher from (at a reasonable cost).

Edited by Yoda