Available at a towpath near you....

Bettie Boo

Featured Posts

Big thanks to our favorite (and only) fabricator Captain Fizz......he whipped this up in his shop for us and welded to the back of the boat an hour ago on the towpath near bridge #75

On the journey up, we've managed to drum up another piece of business for him as well. Seems we knocked something a little too hard and managed to loose a small metal plate off the back of the boat...."I think Dave's trying for a matching hole on the other side as I type this"!!!

Anyway the Bike Rack is Brilliant!! and when Simon is finished it will also hold my rotary clothes line as well clapping.gif

Capt Fizz - Your the Best clapping.gifhttp://rs1020.pbsrc.com/albums/af325/Bettie-Boo/BikerackMarch2614030_zps67f2f7b0.jpg~320x480?t=1395847071 http://rs1020.pbsrc.com/albums/af325/Bettie-Boo/BikerackMarch2614029_zpsf9943a0f.jpg~320x480?t=1395847072 http://rs1020.pbsrc.com/albums/af325/Bettie-Boo/BikerackMarch2614025_zpsf3377858.jpg~320x480?t=1395847065

Don't forget to tell the CRT licencing team about the extra foot you have added to your boat.:rolleyes:

It doesn't protrude beyond the fender, given strictly you are supposed to declare length including fenders it won't matter.....

Coz I'm sure CRT have it at its correct length anyway......

Ed. Beaten to it by Dean....

Edited by The Dog House

Now - - if Bettie fits a decent catapult to the channel on the bike rack, there'd be no need to lift the bike to the towpath - just sit on it, pedal to wind up the elastic and then - - Powwwww>>> to the bankside ;)

Actually with the orientation of the bike being what it is surely a belt drive to the prop would be a cinch to fit.....diesel costs would plummet as you would only need the engine to assist when going up hill........

Actually with the orientation of the bike being what it is surely a belt drive to the prop would be a cinch to fit.....diesel costs would plummet as you would only need the engine to assist when going up hill........

A good keep fit strategy as well.

LMAO - well Dave has managed to loss his 6 pack in the last year or so, this might just be the solution to many things...fuel cost, excellent form of exercise, cut down on engine noise. Wonder just how fast he can peddle when pushing 30 tonne unsure.png

Anyhow...... my OP was just to say a simple thanks to Captain Fizz for making it up for us, and doing such a fab job on designing something that was both ascetically pleasing and quite fit for purpose; and at what I consider a Very reasonable rate cheers.gif

Is there anything to stop the bike + lock being lifted straight off over the upright bar

Yes

To elaborate on the modest answer above :) .... he put in a cross bar clamp type set up, which the lock cannot be lifted over ... he thought of everything

Junior - even thought I'm an only child, my parents did try hard to instill in me the idea of sharing; and I'm more than willing to share our fabricators endless talents; however please don't keep him too tied up over the next few weeks....Dave has managed to create two more jobs for him and we haven't even got back to the Marina yet LOL icecream.gif