Victron repair anyone?

Wrinkley

Featured Posts

Help! The smoke has just fell out of my Victron 12/2000/80. I switched the unit off, disconnect the mains supply so I could replace a 13 amp socket. Turn the unit on connected the mains and smoke fell out of the Victron unit. I took the cover off and the big round coil is burnt. Anyone know who can mend these thing please?

Just an update. I contacted Springwood Haven marina and they said they would return the unit to Holland for me. I went to see them this morning and left the unit with them to be sent to Holland this afternoon. They told me one of three things will happen. Repaired for free, - repaired at cost (if economically viable, Victron do not do estimates) - provide a new unit at reduced cost.

I will keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Further update. New inverter supplied by Victron through Springwood Haven. Cost me £675. Very, very please with the service I received from Springwood and Victron. They did not have to do this but have kept a customer.

Old unit not economic to repair.

It was purchased new June 2010. Not put into full use until April 2012. I think it was my fault the unit failed, I reconnected the 12v supply to the unit and switched it on before removing the load. The load being, 1.25kw immersion heater that I had left on and 2kw Kettle my wife had switched on! An expensive lesson.

It was purchased new June 2010. Not put into full use until April 2012. I think it was my fault the unit failed, I reconnected the 12v supply to the unit and switched it on before removing the load. The load being, 1.25kw immersion heater that I had left on and 2kw Kettle my wife had switched on! An expensive lesson.

However, it really ought to be able to cope with that without self-destructing!