Any narrowboats for sale 45-foot to 55-foot?

Emerald Fox

Featured Posts

Just wondered if anyone here might know of 'good' narrowboats for sale - someone I know is looking for one. Roughly 45' to 55' (perhaps 60?). A boat that is genuinely for sale by people who have looked after it, all certificates (hull survey & BSS, etc.)(and work such as blacking, engine maintenance) to be VERY up-to-date and everything in pristine condition.

Hopefully this isn't an invalid question here in this Forum 'room'. Looking at sites such as Appalling Duck you never really know what's what, engine condition and so on.

Perhaps nothing will come of this but I thought I'd ask and could send links/info onwards. Was just an idea to see if I could help....

I know of one that's up for sale, A French and Peel built boat, owned from new by the couple that are selling (a genuinely nice couple too)

It's been their liveaboard for the last ten years.

Properly looked after, the owners have been fastidious about their home, but are now moving on land.

Whoever eventually buys it will get a cracking boat

April Dawn

Hi ya EF.

Sorry,don't know Any Narrow beams for sale,

My 41ft Wide Beam (11ft) might be coming up for sale in a few month.

You may want to look on the For Sale bit of the Forum, might be a first port of call for sellers.

Good Hunting.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

My boat is for sale, it's 60ft and comes fully fitted for living aboard including a Maxview fully automatic satellite dome system.

Too many features to list here.

This boat is so new to the market it's not even on the ABNB website until next week but if you contact ABNB Crick 01788822115 and quote Nb Matilda Rose they can give more details.

This boat is currently moored at Cropredy marina.

We're enroute to Rugby Boats to put ours on brokerage. She's 59', very much loved and we have put a lot of improvements in since we bought her 4 years ago. New kitchen and cooker, calorifier and immersion heater, shoreline, battery charging system, upper paintwork 3 years old, blacked 2 years ago. Please PM me for my mobile Number if at all interested.

Edited to add: current BSC, full out of water survey carried out late 2009.

Edited by Sbg

For a full history of a boat you can't do better than by a boat from a blogger!

You can see an awful lot of history by looking through the blog.

There are a couple for sale by bloggers at the moment. There is Starcross and Caxton, although I guess Caxton is a bit longer than required, but what a fantastic tug style it is.

Be helpful if you indicated roughly the figure you have in mind, I'm trawling on the duck if I see anything I'll post it, what price point are you looking and the obvious one any carved in stone stern and toilet types?

K

For a full history of a boat you can't do better than by a boat from a blogger!

You can see an awful lot of history by looking through the blog.

There are a couple for sale by bloggers at the moment. There is Starcross and Caxton, although I guess Caxton is a bit longer than required, but what a fantastic tug style it is.

Caxton isn't tug style wacko.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondered if anyone here might know of 'good' narrowboats for sale - someone I know is looking for one. Roughly 45' to 55' (perhaps 60?). A boat that is genuinely for sale by people who have looked after it, all certificates (hull survey & BSS, etc.)(and work such as blacking, engine maintenance) to be VERY up-to-date and everything in pristine condition.

Hopefully this isn't an invalid question here in this Forum 'room'. Looking at sites such as Appalling Duck you never really know what's what, engine condition and so on.

Perhaps nothing will come of this but I thought I'd ask and could send links/info onwards. Was just an idea to see if I could help....

Have a look on... Facebook... Narrow boats for sale uk site

I like the boat Starcross, it's been on Apollo Duck for a few months now, surprised it's not been sold quicker. Is it overpriced, or is there something else putting buyers off?

I like the boat Starcross, it's been on Apollo Duck for a few months now, surprised it's not been sold quicker. Is it overpriced, or is there something else putting buyers off?

Not to me it isn't. I remember seeing the boat and talking to the guy at Wheelock iirc last summer or the one before and commenting how well the boat looked.

Not to me it isn't. I remember seeing the boat and talking to the guy at Wheelock iirc last summer or the one before and commenting how well the boat looked.

Yes, it looks good, and well looked after. I guessed it would sell fairly quickly, and I am normally quite good at spotting boats which don't stay on sale for long, I'm surprised someone hasn't snapped it up.

OK. How about an unusal and full of character, vintage engined (AS2) tug modelled on the Blisworth tunnel tug, Pilot.

It's got a cosy victorian styled interior and one of only two boat I know with a retrouse bow.

Built by Tony Francis in 1988 and owned for the last 15 years by it's present owner who is going on the bank for health reasons.

OK. How about an unusal and full of character, vintage engined (AS2) tug modelled on the Blisworth tunnel tug, Pilot.

It's got a cosy victorian styled interior and one of only two boat I know with a retrouse bow.

Built by Tony Francis in 1988 and owned for the last 15 years by it's present owner who is going on the bank for health reasons.

....and it's a bloomin gorgeous boat......