Remoska recipes

NB Lola

Featured Posts

My sister has one in Spain and I have to say, so far, it's ace. Cooked chicken is incredible. I have also had paella, jacket spud spare ribs etc. they do not save on cooking time, they do help maintain moisture where needed. Bolognaise sauce was good, although you have to remember to add more sauce/water than you would expect. Still learning though. Halogen, I would say from others views is just as good.

My SWMBO mother ( SWMBOx2??) gave us one and we use it often! It is great for roasting , cooking rice and our favourite is Toad in the hole!

For TITH first brown the sausages, then cover them with the batter and leave to cook.

Rice is very easy, one mug of rice, two mugs of water, salt and pepper too taste, cover the rice with foil and cok for about 20 mins. Easy peasy.

SWMBOx2 has 4 of these in various sizes and can cook a full roast dinner in them for 8. Uses less power than using an oven! Though low wattage and suitable for camping and boat use, she did manage to blow the fuses on a campsite while using them on a campsite in France........

:-)

We are using this regularly now. Fundamentally, we do use this as a replacement to our oven and the gas rings. I do not think it can replace the rings, although I am considering a halogen ceramic portable hob. I see this as mainly replacing the oven. Every time we consider using the oven I challenge it and look to using the remoska. So Saturday night was steak night, the remoska does not do steak as I like it, neither does the oven, but the hob ring does. Most everything else, so far, it's fine as we eat very little via a frying pan, having said that I am trying fish fingers tonight.

Edited by NB Lola

We have one of these. The problem with them is lack of control ie there isnt any. I cant imagine anyone thinking you might do steak in one, thats ridiculous. Basically they are good for stews and perhaps baking etc. But why bother thats what the oven is there for, the real value is in caravans and the like where there is no oven.

Used a 470W remoska standard size many times on our hire boats. The first thing we check when hiring a boat is has it got 240V and how big is the inverter (1kVA preferred). Prefer to use while we cruise to save running the engine / draining the batteries in the evening. Even tho it has a stand, we use non slip silicon mats underneath to protect surfaces. Had good results with Spanish omelettes, risotto, garlic bread, sausages/toad in the hole, sausage rolls, fruit cakes, jacket spuds, tarte tatin, blackberry and apple pies/crumbles, rice puddings. Easy washing up too. Also bought a cheaper Koolatron version on eBay (available from Amazon I think) with dial for temperature control.