Are CRT employees boaters too ?

RickH

Featured Posts

Hi Rick, how are you? I'm in Hanham at the moment, but we are moving to Saltford as soon as the locks are passable. I sold Heart of Gold, and now have a Water Witch, moored in Bideford. I'm affraid Lister decided than life on a boat was less fun than life in Bath. How's your dog?

Edit for oto_spolling

Water witch ? Is that an aluminium boat ? Did lister go to a good home or just leg it ? Dixie is good , once the water is better figure on a trip to Briz a back then off up North somewhere . Hope all is well , see you on the water sometime .

Water witch ? Is that an aluminium boat ? Did lister go to a good home or just leg it ? Dixie is good , once the water is better figure on a trip to Briz a back then off up North somewhere . Hope all is well , see you on the water sometime .

No, its a wooden motor sailer, a ketch rigged Maurice Griffiths designed boat. 30' with a Bukh 20 engine... I just need to learn to navigate properly now :-).

How about the Bristol Harbour Festival?

No, its a wooden motor sailer, a ketch rigged Maurice Griffiths designed boat. 30' with a Bukh 20 engine... I just need to learn to navigate properly now :-).

How about the Bristol Harbour Festival?

Nice ! Got my nav qualies years back , don't use it you tend to lose it . When is the festival ? Can you book a spot ?

did not? All the feedback I have had from both CRT and Boaters has been good not heard any negative

I recall somebody coming on here stating they had made an offer but that it had not been taken up, perhaps they subsequently were?

I recall somebody coming on here stating they had made an offer but that it had not been taken up, perhaps they subsequently were?

Post 24:

If it is the same one she has put her boat up for sale and moving back into house, not that it makes a difference

did not? All the feedback I have had from both CRT and Boaters has been good not heard any negative

Bruceinsanity:

The three allocated to us never even made contact, despite prompts, though the upside of that was that we ended up giving RP a day out which was undoubtedly a success.

Keep up at the back icecream.gif

Yes that was Peter Corbett but that was due to changes at Wigan Office and they all had a very enjoyable day at a later date

No I recall it being the same person as luc now that he has quoted them.

It seems he ended up with 'the big cheese' in the end though.

What a pity the accountants got rid of the lock keepers and lengthsmen they would be worth their weight in gold now and would reduce the need for all these office people .

What a pity the accountants got rid of the lock keepers and lengthsmen they would be worth their weight in gold now and would reduce the need for all these office people .

I don't quite see that and apart fro the Severn, Watford, Foxton (he was off sick last time we went down) and I think Bubury I have not come across and CaRT locks with full time lock keepers.

Technically it could be argued that he has two ex working boats.

Yes,

I understand that, but rightly or wrongly his badge at the HNBC meet had the dreaded asterisk against one boat name, implying only the other one is historic!

Any scope to get any of the CRT staff from the Birmingham office involved in the BCN Challenge?

I'm full up for the over night stay but would be happy to have someone out for the 1st day or the return to Hawne Basin. Perhaps if there was a few of them involved it might make it more interesting for them, especially if they know the boss man is on one of the crews.

Any scope to get any of the CRT staff from the Birmingham office involved in the BCN Challenge?

I'm full up for the over night stay but would be happy to have someone out for the 1st day or the return to Hawne Basin. Perhaps if there was a few of them involved it might make it more interesting for them, especially if they know the boss man is on one of the crews.

email dean.davis@canalrivertrust.org.uk I am sure some would be interested Dean is the regional manager and a really good guy

When we did the BCN Challenge in 2009 there was a gang of BWB chaps on permanent call out dealing with boats that had got stuck. We saw them near Wednesfield where all the deep boats were grounding in the narrows of a bridge being rebuilt (guess where the old bridge went!) , and later they turned out at getting on for midnight to pull Fulbourne off an electrical cabinet we were firmly stuck on in mid channel, despite having about 2 feet of water under the rest of the boat.