cant wait to finally move on to a narrowboat

tjderby85

Featured Posts

I dont know what the 2nd heater is, but I find in my 57ft boat the stove only realisticly heats as far as the kitchen, bedroom & bathroom are a bit cooler. I would expect on a 42 ft boat it will easily reach the whole length of the boat.
& so with that said I reckon a 2nd or different source of heating is a good idea. You may not always want to make the stove up. There has been the odd occasion where I couldnt be bothered to go outside & get coal for the stove 1st thing in the morning.
I am certainly finding the last few days now that it's stopped raining & we're actually getting some sunshine that I've been happy to let the stove go out during the day.

Over the past few days I have had a couple of sneaky looks at Annie a May, on line.

Following your posts over a number of threads, I think you are destined to own this boat.

I agree the boats looks good for the price and well looked after in the pictures. In the flesh! Your decision.

If you are prepared to commit when you view again, and I know you have made an offer before, offer an offer and convince the broker, seller that you are serious. SUBJECT TO SURVEY of course. It's your money.

Good luck.

Martyn

You might want to consider putting in a combined inverter / charger at some point (keep your batteries topped up and providing 240v when out and about), and maybe add another couple of batteries to the domestic bank. 2 is bare-bones. Fine when on shore power, but won't be much good when out and about cruising if you decide to stay in one spot for a few days. All in good time, though.

Good luck with the second viewing. Look everywhere. Also if you make an offer, say that its subject to survey, and make it clear if anything costly comes up in the survey, you would seek to have the owners do the work, or have the cost removed from the purchase price of any work to be done.

thanks mate. i'll be sure to do that. its quite an exciting time i must say. im going with my head this time. looking at the practicalities of the boat and make sure all the electrics work. didnt check them last time lol. was to busy smiling and thinking how beautiful she is lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I would always go for separate charger inverter as if one gets a problem and needs to go for repair you have lost the other.

Also goes for ability to upgrade charger if you get more batteries .