Amazing video of Pontcysyllte Aqueduct

MoominPapa

Featured Posts

Oooh, now then. I know the answer to this (I think). When I was watching the snowboarding, I could occasionaly see a shadow, but I think I saw the setup when I went to the Mountain Biking at the Olympics. It's sort of like a cable car, but with a HD camera (like you see in the noses of filming helicopters) slung below. Really impressive tracking shots as the bikes (or in this instance snowboarders) zoom downhill

My mates's brother is there as he's the coach for the Canadian Women's bobsleigh team (good result this week!). The TV coverage includes a range of different camera setups, including the cable system you describe and also some quad/ hexacopters with cameras and live digital down links.

The little one I just bought has a fixed camera and "first person video" downlink but some of the more sophisticated have ground-stabilised gimbals, with pan and tilt for the camera... Pretty cool stuff.

The little one I just bought has a fixed camera and "first person video" downlink.

Is it the Hubsan you got ? Is it any good? I'm flying the Ethos 130 which has a camera but no down link so aiming the camera is hit and miss, mainly miss. So I'm thinkg of getting one with a down link.

Top Cat

Yep, it's the Hubsan X4 FPV. Still learning how to fly it, and I'm on my second quad as the first one had video problems. The battery life is about 5-6 minutes but that's enough for some fun... :-)

Edited by Sbg