Hello all

CockneyReject

Featured Posts

Yes hello all

,finally decided to post after being just a casual reader ,

Well we had our nb meg .out of the water for the first time since we have owned her, decided to have her given a once over before blacking,and very pleased to say no plating required at all,considering she's 33 quite happy bout that.

So loads of blacking done this week,only downside 3 bolts refusing to budge (1 rounded off) preventing access to water tank,hmmm head scratcher.still it's a rotten job,so can put that off,hope to be back in the wet stuff by next weekend.

I'm new here myself so it feels a bit odd welcoming you, but welcome anyway.

It's a great community, friendly & helpful almost all the time ;) But you've been lurking for a while so you probably already know that.

On the rounded off bolt, I've always managed by filing a couple of flats before soaking in WD40 for a day or so & then using a big pair of mole grips.

Yes bolts are proving stubborn,they are the countersunk Allen key type .

Approx 50 or so of the little suckers removed already, the last 3 as say rounded off.

I'm thinking only hope may be to drill them out,that said I may leave it as a job for Ron,as in later.

Yes bolts are proving stubborn,they are the countersunk Allen key type .

Approx 50 or so of the little suckers removed already, the last 3 as say rounded off.

I'm thinking only hope may be to drill them out,that said I may leave it as a job for Ron,as in later.

A bit late now but I used a lump hammer and impact driver to remove similar screws on my water tank.

Steve

Hi CR welcome to the forum, try to replace any bolts, screws etc with marine grade stainless steel, it'll make life a lot easier in the future.

The very best of luck and happy and safe boating!

Chop & Glenda

cheers.gif