onroute to view a few n/b

tjderby

Featured Posts

So I'm on route to sawley marina now. Then got a viewing at mercia marina then Barton turns marina and finally alvecote marina. Busy day lol

If you are going to be in the area Great Heywood Marina have some lovely boats for sale The guy in charge of boat sales is call Brian

can highly recommend (satisfied customer).

Just passed through Burton. Should be able to get to Barton for 3ish. And it's to see miss behave

Just arrived at Tamworth

If you telephone me on, I could pick you up from Burton train station if you like as it's not far by car!.

If you write down my number I'll re edit it out!

I don't know of Miss behave as once you have a boat you don't tend to look!

Jamescheers.gif

Edited by canals are us?

Omg I'm in love. Got one more boat to see at Barton. Then if it's not what I'm looking for then the boat in Tamworth is the one I'll put an offer in lol.

Thanks James for the lift.

Good luck with your quest. Be sure to post some photos of the object of your amor.

Yeah when I figure out how to post pics lol. The lasted boat I view is in really good Nick. It's a matter of head or heart lol.

If I buy the boat in Tamworth it'll leave me with less money to play with than if I buy the boat in mercia. Both nice boats.

So the choice is between Miss Behave at Barton? or at Mercia? and which boat in Tamworth (in a marina? I am not sure there is one in Tamworth).

Let the CWF community find them and offer you sound, conclusive and totally conflicting advice.

Edit: I have found Miss Behave, which I think is one of your two choices. She appears to be a Springer "Tug", looks neat inside, probably has a vee bottom (they didn't all), has pump-out toilet (which you must decide if you like more than the cassette variety). At 25 years old the hull thickness could be a concern, which your survey will tell you, and although I am not a mechanic I would suggest that, if original, the engine may need a good look as well.

Edited by Athy

The choice is miss behave in mercia and Annie may in alvecote marina Tamworth.

I fell in love with Annie may when I seen her ad then wasn't disappointed on seeing her. But I know I won't be able to get that much off her.

Where as miss behave is a great looking boat and under my budget.

Thanks. If I went ahead and bought miss behave I'd have a nice bit of cash to play with to make her mine and to resolve any issues if any that are resolved by the vendor.

Just had a look at Annie. Neat and tidy, good sized living area, plenty of storage space if you are living aboard, decent engine (more recent than the boat?) To these eyes some of the fitting out has a DIY look, but there is nothing wrong with that as long as it does the job.

Time to make The Cheeky Offer I reckon, lad!