Camping near a canal in Derbyshire - is there...

rubblequeen

Featured Posts

Hi, want to meet up with my sisters in the summer and they have camper vans (caravanettes if I want to upset them) do you know if there are any canalside campsites in Derbyshire please?

Thanks

The Bubble Inn at Stenson have a small camp site.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=10722

It's in a nice spot with a nice pub and a nice cafe adjacent along with Stenson Deep lock. A good place to do some gongoozling.

The site however only has one review on that link and it's not brilliant.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=10722

It might be OK if they are fully self sufficient toilet/shower wise and don't depend on 'on site' facilities (we rarely did)

Hi, want to meet up with my sisters in the summer and they have camper vans (caravanettes if I want to upset them) do you know if there are any canalside campsites in Derbyshire please?

Thanks

If they are in caravanetts there is overnight parking at Whaley Bridge (with services) and maybe at Bugsworth Basin.

Alex

If they are in caravanetts there is overnight parking at Whaley Bridge (with services) and maybe at Bugsworth Basin.

Alex

There is no official caravanette camping at either location but I would think the chances of being "moved on" are fairly slim.

George ex nb Alton retired