the bramwith coffee boat.

Featured Posts

Bit of a plug for the 'coffee boat' that moors at Bramwith just below the lock on the stainforth & keadby.

Nice coffee and great cakes.

We don't have many 'on the water' traders up here so it's important we give them some custom especially if they are good.

You can't miss it as its bright yellow! With a mahoosive wide beam moored along side.

Call if you are passing and try the whisky and waulnut cake!!

Edited by The Dog House

He was trading/moored next to Bramwith swing bridge on the service moorings, I heard from CaRT workers he was trading without a trading license or any official recognition by CaRT and was a bit of a nuisance as he seamed to be taking over the service area with he's tables and chairs and with two boats moored side by side. You say he has now moved up to the lock, Is he on an official mooring that he pays for or just on the towpath? As the moorings below Bramwith Lock are CaRT moorings going at auction for around £2000-£2200 non residential for a 57' berth and are secure(gated access)when I last passed him he had two boats as I said and was also getting a widebeam to use as the cafe, you say that he now has it, that would make three boats in total berthed side by side, if he has not sold one of the narrowboats??? The spot that he's trading has little foot fall so I can't see it lasting, especially if he's paying moorings and licence plus trade license for three boats, something which I doubt, so you ask to support him, why should boaters support him when he seams to be free loading off CaRT and the system? If he had an official pitch then it may be different but it looks like he just moves between Bramwith lock towpath and the service area at Bramwith Swing bridge a distance of less then a mile.

Edited by Northernboater

I saw his original boat brass rivet up for sale this year . As you say, he was hogging the services every weekend when we were around there last year, his customers used to leave the toilets in a right state. I think his plan is for the wide beam to become a restaurant boat

Whatever may or may not have gone on in the past the current situation is that he is moored just outsidet the LTM's.

There is a paved and screened area with outside seating adjacent to the nb and wb.

I have no idea what type of licence he has or hasn't got I am not nosey enough to care.

Given the guy is not a member on here as far as I know and therefore not in a position to defend himself or put his side of the story I'll leave you to grizzle on between yourselves.

As an aside we have a lovely cafe boat in the centre of Licolb at the minute. On a commercial mooring with the correct licensing for those who care.

They do excellent coffee and cakes as well as breakfasts and we wish them all the best.

Their mooring isn't in our opinion the best mind. Lincoln council have installed them some sliders in the quay wall however the boat has a habit of getting snagged and not rising with the water. We have seen it at some scary angles already . A sinking in the making as we come into the winter season !

As an aside we have a lovely cafe boat in the centre of Licolb at the minute. On a commercial mooring with the correct licensing for those who care.

They do excellent coffee and cakes as well as breakfasts and we wish them all the best.

Their mooring isn't in our opinion the best mind. Lincoln council have installed them some sliders in the quay wall however the boat has a habit of getting snagged and not rising with the water. We have seen it at some scary angles already . A sinking in the making as we come into the winter season !

Lovely place is Licolb. Ideal for a floating cafe biggrin.png

Tim

Edited by mrsmelly

Knowing the location and the amount of walkers and boaters you get there I would be surprised if he's making money a simple "think about the costs" makes you wonder, rough example of the costs I should imagine would be:

Moorings for two 57' boats £3000-£4000 (C&RT moorings at Bramwith lock cost £2000+)

License and Trade License £2300

Insurance on boats and

business insurance £1000

Fuel and running costs £1000

Total approx. £7500 per year ish????

These are just figures that I can estimate on the running costs of a 60' narrowboat but not knowing exact trading pricing/policies they may not be exact, but what I do know is that you would have to sell a lot of cake with your tea and coffee to even break even never mind make a profit or living and this is not going to happen at Bramwith lock.

Edited by Northernboater

Whatever may or may not have gone on in the past the current situation is that he is moored just outsidet the LTM's.

There is a paved and screened area with outside seating adjacent to the nb and wb.

I have no idea what type of licence he has or hasn't got I am not nosey enough to care.

Given the guy is not a member on here as far as I know and therefore not in a position to defend himself or put his side of the story I'll leave you to grizzle on between yourselves.

You must be wearing your frustrated frock today. Being that it is Sunday, I guess you can for now.

You must be wearing your frustrated frock today. Being that it is Sunday, I guess you can for now.

Not at all GB.

Just soaking up the irony of post 14.....

But as I say let them grizzle on.

Thought you would relish the chance to up your posts on a Sunday night

Grizzle grizzle grizzle..

But as you seem to be being incredibly dim I'll help, my point is I thought you might relish the chance to support a local business as a 'northernboater'

Do you not see the irony of detailing the cost of a canal side business after your earlier posts???

Not interested in post count at all..... I leave others like you to obsess with that.

Clear yet?

Edited by The Dog House

As usual your post isn't worth reading or of any value like the majority of your 18,000

Like I said...I'll leave others to obsess about post count.

How about discussing you unwillingness to support a local business, and your unsubstantiated allegations about breaches of CRT rules?

Grizzle grizzle grizzle..

But as you seem to be being incredibly dim I'll help, my point is I thought you might relish the chance to support a local business as a 'northernboater'

Do you not see the irony of detailing the cost of a canal side business after your earlier posts???

Not interested in post count at all..... I leave others like you to obsess with that.

Clear yet?

Grizzle grizzle grizzle

Edited by Northernboater

Oops. You missed one.

Any way so you did miss the point then?

Ed I've giving you a greenie to go with the four who have given you the same

Ed to take account of northernboaters increasing greenie count.

Edited by The Dog House

Oops. You missed one.

Any way so you did miss the point then?

Ed I've giving you a greenie to go with the one somebody else has given you..

And the point is to support local Northern traders on the water? You would have to eat a lot of Black Forrest Gateaux and drown yourself in coffee to support this business, work out the costing's for yourself and they don't even include the cost of the 60ftx12ft or maybe 14ft new J.Wilson sail away shell that's the bright yellow one that's there. this business just doesn't make sense or add up in this location.

Will you be popping down every weekend for coffee and cake?

You call me Dim, why don't you sit down and work the maths out to see if this business in this location is a viable proposition, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know the answer if you know the area and the Northern waterways.

Edited by Northernboater