Residential moorings Northampton Becketts Park

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

Looks like there may be some new residential moorings available at Northampton Becketts Park marina on the River Nene.
They currently have 6, all of which are in use. They have applied for another 12, & I think 7 people are on the waiting list. I hope this happens cuz I am one of those on the waiting list. It looks like a decision will be made a week before I get my boat.

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/politics/residential-boost-for-northampton-s-marina-1-5522491

We went to visit that marina a few months ago and we were very impressed by the look and feel of the place. It is so close to all the amenities in the town too.

I can certainly think of a lot of worse places for anyone to over winter at if they were looking for somwhere to stay

There are some short stay parking bays in the park itself, specifically for marina use, close to the marina land entrance, I didnt look at the times but I would guess 30 mins. You need a permit to use them though (which you need to talk to the marina about).
There is a multi storey car park about 5 mins walk away (St Johns Terrace) & a permit for that is £350 pa, I think this is a reduced rate for living at the marina but I could be wrong. There is another car park about 10 mins walk away, Midsummer Meadows, but I dont know the cost of that, & I wouldnt want to leave a car there overnight.

Be careful about parking in side streets, because if you chose the wrong street it might be in the Controlled Parking Zone, most of them arent tho.

Edited by Ssscrudddy

I can vouch for that. He spotted me on CCTV 1 day lurking & he rang me & came over & answered all my questions. I had already been there before so he knew I was thinking of getting a boat there

He was able to ring you after spotting you on CCTV .... I'd worry about their spying capabilities if I lived there laugh.png

Edited by KevMc

cheers.gif Sounds like a great job ....did he pay?

No hes a tight git !!

But on the subject of car parks, we will be getting a parking area as part of the new university development oppisite but until then we can only offer a permit for the muti storey (which has 24hr security and cctv) for £350 per year which we know is less than perfect, but its all weve got for now