Problem what problem?

Mick and Maggie

Featured Posts

Don't worry, you certainly didn't offend me. I was just pointing out that there are less confrontational options available.

When people are irrationally angry at me over insignificant things I often try to wind them up even more for my own amusement. That is probably what he was doing to you...

Actually there was no 'anger' involved just a conversation and from his manner I am pretty sure he believed he was correct so as the person actually there I don't think he was trying to wind anybody up.

Last year, coming through Battyford on the Calder and Hebble, I came across a fishing match that was pegged out on lock landings, as well as the rest of the towpath for miles. I complained to the angling club and CaRT. CaRT had words with the Angling Club.

Re Trolls, refered to earlier in the thread - there are 2 types, one is Hairy ar5ed, short, mean, ugly and angry, the other is mythical.

I once pulled up at Lemonroyd on the other side to the marina and was told by a fisherman that this side if for fishers and the other side if for boats and we best move to the other side as it won't be long before some one official comes and tells us to move so we told him we pay a lot of money to be on the canal and stayed there for about 5 days and nobody came and told us to move.

Well the gentle approach didn't work in marsworth where a guy out walking with his dog and family told 4 guys that they shouldn't be fishing in front of the no fishing sign

3 broken ribs, one broken finger, cuts to his head and an afternoon in a&e

Fishermen even called 4 more mates on their phone to come and help

Well the gentle approach didn't work in marsworth where a guy out walking with his dog and family told 4 guys that they shouldn't be fishing in front of the no fishing sign

Did anyone get charged over this affair?

With the way the law is sometimes these days I wouldn't be surprised to hear that the guy was charged with causing an affray.

Bob

While this is a terrible thing to happen it does prompt a few questions.

Why did he feel the need to tell them not to fish there in the first place? Did he need to moor his dog there?

How did he tell them? What makes you say he used the gentle approach?

I'm not justifying the actions of the fishermen, but it sounds like there is more to that story than you are telling us. People very rarely start fights for no reason at all.

Edited by Delta9

Why did he feel the need to tell them not to fish there in the first place? Did he need to moor his dog there?

I'm not justifying the actions of the fishermen, but it sounds like there is more to that story than you are telling us. People very rarely start fights for no reason at all.

However a group of men carrying out an assault on a single individual is the act of spineless cowards even if their opponent was a bit 'lippy'

I know. Why did you quote me to say that?

Because your post implies there could be some justification by seeking answers to questions as to exactly what was said by whom.

The bottom line is none of that matters, a gang of thugs attacking someone causing serious injury is just mindless violence.

Because your post implies there could be some justification by seeking answers to questions as to exactly what was said by whom.

The bottom line is none of that matters, a gang of thugs attacking someone causing serious injury is just mindless violence.

I specifically say in my post "I'm not justifying the actions of the fishermen" and you take that to imply "there could be some justification"? frusty.gif

I specifically say in my post "I'm not justifying the actions of the fishermen" and you take that to imply "there could be some justification"? frusty.gif

Then why ask for clarification? You did indeed say you we're not but then immediately contradicted your self by trying to seek information that may in your eyes have done so.

I was once told by a fisher person that if he was there first he had the right to stay and his right to fish from the VM 'trumped' my right to moor.

It was only when I proceeded to continuing to moor and was about to crush his keep net did he back off.

As an angler for far more years than I have been a boater I can well believe that some anglers would take that line and believe it

Just thought I,d throw this in, I came into a EA mooring where 2 GRP boats had positioned themselves so to take up all the space.All EA moorings are marked NO FISHING and the 2 lots of boaters were fishing!

As I came I in ( I could just get my bows in) one fishing boater left it to the last second till he moved and complained bitterly about it, refused to move his boat down so I ended up with half my boat in the reeds. He then accused me of being selfish! Saying I could have spun my boat round in the river to allow him room to carry on fishing. My boat is longer than the river is wide! Even if I could have I would'nt as my journey was ongoing

So have I found a Hybred asshole?

Phil

Yup you found a hybrid arsehole

Then why ask for clarification? You did indeed say you we're not but then immediately contradicted your self by trying to seek information that may in your eyes have done so.

Fat boat stated that "the gentle approach didn't work" I was asking for clarification that the gentle approach was used. That doesn't mean that I justify the chap getting beaten up, it means that I doubt the chap used a gentle approach when the situation ended with him being beaten up. I even stated that I don't justify their actions. Why are you finding this so hard?

Fat boat stated that "the gentle approach didn't work" I was asking for clarification that the gentle approach was used. That doesn't mean that I justify the chap getting beaten up, it means that I doubt the chap used a gentle approach when the situation ended with him being beaten up. I even stated that I don't justify their actions. Why are you finding this so hard?

I'm not finding anything hard. It's actually very easy.

When people are irrationally angry at me over insignificant things I often try to wind them up even more for my own amusement.

I'm not finding anything hard. It's actually very easy.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make or why you quoted something I said further back in the thread unrelated to the current conversation.

Edited by Delta9

I have no idea what point you are trying to make or why you quoted something I said further back in the thread unrelated to the current conversation.

Then I'm afraid I can be of no further use to you.

Get your nibbles elsewhere, no further food available from me.

Edited by The Dog House

Then I'm afraid I can be of no further use to you.

Get your nibbles elsewhere.

So you aren't trying to make any point at all? You started this little interaction by replying to my post questioning 'fat boat' and you seem to be implying that I was baiting you? I can only conclude that you are drunk or senile.

As an angler for far more years than I have been a boater I can well believe that some anglers would take that line and believe it

He seemed so convinced I did start to doubt myself. I may have posted on here at the time to check but can't be sure.

I don't feel that it makes any difference if he had a boat to moor or not, he saw some people fishing in an area that is well known for no fishing and asked them to stop and move above the lock where there is no fishing restriction

He was asking them as a responsible member of society who happens to love the canals and fish, if you know marsworth you would know that the fish are very large and tame but over the last year we estimate that about 50% of the stocks have been taken which has upset not only the boaters but the local community who go there to feed the fish

Whilst I cannot say I was there at the actual event I did meet him before and after and even while recounting what had happened he still was in no way aggressive in his manner just upset about the fishing problem

I have asked people not to fish in the area myself and the response most times is to "f off"

the local fishing balif refuses to come and attend when he is called for people fishing in the area and advises people to just call the police

and tbh even if he shouted at the top of his voice I don't think that this would justify violence

any other points you would like addressing or does the prosecution rest

I don't feel that it makes any difference if he had a boat to moor or not, he saw some people fishing in an area that is well known for no fishing and asked them to stop and move above the lock where there is no fishing restriction

He was asking them as a responsible member of society who happens to love the canals and fish, if you know marsworth you would know that the fish are very large and tame but over the last year we estimate that about 50% of the stocks have been taken which has upset not only the boaters but the local community who go there to feed the fish

Whilst I cannot say I was there at the actual event I did meet him before and after and even while recounting what had happened he still was in no way aggressive in his manner just upset about the fishing problem

I have asked people not to fish in the area myself and the response most times is to "f off"

the local fishing balif refuses to come and attend when he is called for people fishing in the area and advises people to just call the police

and tbh even if he shouted at the top of his voice I don't think that this would justify violence

So you actually don't know if he used "the gentle approach" because you weren't there, it was just speculation based on the fact he wasn't aggressive when he was telling you about it. That seems to cover everything, thanks.

Interesting - then as suspected the violence was totally unprovoked and the beating he got was just mindless mob violence.

You forgot about the World of Warcraft trolls. I assure you he doesnt have a hairy arsetroll.jpg

Sorry, I Can't tell from that pic whether he depilates. Make him run away so we can see.......

Anyway he's one of the mythical ones. Way prettier than our sort.

Edited by Jim Riley