BIG QUESTION, What two pieces of equipment you would never leave without having on board.

CJR1469

Featured Posts

I rather think that some of the replies are a tad frivolous and therefore not worthy of comment! With some experience of CCing I suggest:

A) helmet with wing mirror attachment. This multi tasking equipment will allow one to check no boats are coming before you signal with your hand, sound a long blast on the horn to announce your imminent departure, and then to move away from one's mooring. (When on river Thames, especially useful to know that while you are aimlessly sight seeing and cruising perhaps not too carefully, it good to know that large "pleasure boat" straining every ounce of muscle to ram you up the backside shall never again catch you unaware ....). When one arrives at new mooring one will be able to keep track of approaching bicycles, tail wagging face licking butt smelling dogs, and multifarious officials no doubt seeking payment of mooring fees, and allowing for fast avoidance techniques to be tried out ....

B) Megaphone. Needs no further explanation...

I confess I was tempted by the bum ointment but I don't believe this to be equipment as implied by the original request for info....

Gas bottle & water.

That I believe is 3 items !

Looking at the question ("always read the question carefully)") I'd suggest a grammar primer and a question mark would appear to be essential items.

wot u mean man

I rather think that some of the replies are a tad frivolous and therefore not worthy of comment! With some experience of CCing I suggest:

A) helmet with wing mirror attachment. This multi tasking equipment will allow one to check no boats are coming before you signal with your hand, sound a long blast on the horn to announce your imminent departure, and then to move away from one's mooring. (When on river Thames, especially useful to know that while you are aimlessly sight seeing and cruising perhaps not too carefully, it good to know that large "pleasure boat" straining every ounce of muscle to ram you up the backside shall never again catch you unaware ....). When one arrives at new mooring one will be able to keep track of approaching bicycles, tail wagging face licking butt smelling dogs, and multifarious officials no doubt seeking payment of mooring fees, and allowing for fast avoidance techniques to be tried out ....

cool.png Megaphone. Needs no further explanation...

I confess I was tempted by the bum ointment but I don't believe this to be equipment as implied by the original request for info....

That I believe is 3 items !

Well Bum ointment. Lets not go down that route!

Engine & windlass....although we did go out a few times on the boat before the engine was fitted...though it was onboard...so I'll adjust to straps & windlass as necessities!

(bare in mind I'm just on my phone so can't see all the question!)

Edited by Ally