Doorman

Featured Posts

There will be a group of boaters navigating from the Audlem area this coming week towards the river Weaver. Then, if sober enough, venturing on to this fine stretch of water.

Amongst them will be several accomplished musicians, a couple of thespians, an Elvis impersonator, a sound engineer seeking waterproof speakers, two adorable street urchins and a George Michael lookalike come drummer boy. One in particular of Scottish origin, has the propensity to blow his horn at every opportunity.

Should you wish to be thoroughly entertained by this crew of happy boaters, I'm sure that they will not miss the opportunity to perform their various skills at a hostelry along the way.

You have been warned. :-)

Edited by Doorman

Can you bit a bit more specific please?.

We are probably going onto the Weaver on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Is this crowd of people something we should aim to meet, or would it be safer to go and hide down by the chemical works????

Where are the good pubs on the Weaver, we did not have too much success last year?

............Dave

Amongst them will be several accomplished musicians, a couple of thespians, an Elvis impersonator, a sound engineer seeking waterproof speakers, two adorable street urchins and a George Michael lookalike come drummer boy. One in particular of Scottish origin, has the propensity to blow his horn at every opportunity

You have been warned. :-)

Many ASBO's between them?

Can you bit a bit more specific please?.

We are probably going onto the Weaver on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Is this crowd of people something we should aim to meet, or would it be safer to go and hide down by the chemical works????

Where are the good pubs on the Weaver, we did not have too much success last year?

............Dave

Sorry Dave,

I can only say that they are heading off from Audlem today and will no doubt entertain on the way. Where they end up on the Weaver is anyone's guess. Although there has been mention of The Stanley Arms in Anderton. Wherever they end up you can be sure of a good night's entertainment from this assortment of musicians, impersonators and actors. Not forgetting the two urchins.

Many ASBO's between them?

Too many to mention. You may notice that their gigs only last until say 8pm as their curfews dictate early home time. Plus, their tags have a tendency to create feedback through the speakers after this time!

They are moored behind us on the Middlewich branch, at the Weavers flash moorings between bridges 21 & 22. Oh, I showed them your post :-)

Oh, no!

I've had it now when they return. Just as well that they don't know who I am, or do they.............?

P.S. lock up your beer stocks and watch out for interference with the whiskey bottles too. There's a certain 'Braveheart' lookalike who drinks it for fun! Oh and by the way, keep any loudspeakers out of their way as they're inclined to use them as mud weights!

Hmm we're about to return to the Weaver in the next few days because we now have Matt aboard who rather fancies doing the lift and visiting the Weaver.

Our plan is to turn right out of the lift and head for Devil's Garden - Dave says your motley crew are likely to be heading for town moorings in Northwich or Winsford (or both).

Is he likely to be correct? I'm guessing he is and that a team of exhibitionists won't be looking to moor at beautiful secluded moorings biggrin.png

Edited because of your & you're blunder! frusty.gif

Edited by Ange

Hmm we're about to return to the Weaver in the next few days because we now have Matt aboard who rather fancies doing the lift and visiting the Weaver.

Our plan is to turn right out of the lift and head for Devil's Garden - Dave says your motley crew are likely to be heading for town moorings in Northwich or Winsford (or both).

Is he likely to be correct? I'm guessing he is and that a team of exhibitionists won't be looking to moor at beautiful secluded moorings :D

Edited because of your & you're blunder! :banghead:

Hi Ange,

God only knows where these wayward folk will end up. An awful lot depends not upon charts or mapping devices, but on the ABV percentages of whatever they drink!

One thing's for sure, they will entertain wherever they end up and Devil's Garden sounds very appropriate for this group of wandering minstrels. Watch out for the ex-working boat with the George Michael lookalike (when he's wearing his sunglasses that is) at the helm.

I'm hoping that none of these characters recognise me through my pseudonym, as normally I'm a very retiring and insular person who craves privacy whilst on my rare outings to the village and if I'm 'outed' this might all have to change. One can only hope!

Well, they are trying to identify you :-)

They were not too noisy at all last night, invited us to join them, and were all quiet before midnight, so no problems at all.

My title 'Weaver Warning' was quite tongue in cheek and not meant in a serious way. These folk are all good willed and add colour and character to our little village. There, I hope that comment gets me off the hook when they cotton to who I am.

One point of concern though is that the thespians keep hens on their premises and their current hen watchers have reported that some of them were in a dazed and shocked state this morning, upon hearing from a passing boater that eggs are going back up!

(Only joking)

May I lay all your worries to rest and state that EGG LAYING has resumed and half a dozen have been tasted for breakfast this morning. I must admit that this CHICKEN SITTING is a easy life, I wonder if there could be a business to be had?

May I lay all your worries to rest and state that EGG LAYING has resumed and half a dozen have been tasted for breakfast this morning. I must admit that this CHICKEN SITTING is a easy life, I wonder if there could be a business to be had?

Half a dozen for breakfast?

You must be yoking!

Looking forward to a few more in the morning , The dog is currently on fox patrol , I shall be sat on the bow with the trusty twelve bore again this evening to ensure the little darlings are safe and sound. ;)

Hi Ange,

God only knows where these wayward folk will end up. An awful lot depends not upon charts or mapping devices, but on the ABV percentages of whatever they drink!

One thing's for sure, they will entertain wherever they end up and Devil's Garden sounds very appropriate for this group of wandering minstrels. Watch out for the ex-working boat with the George Michael lookalike (when he's wearing his sunglasses that is) at the helm.

I'm hoping that none of these characters recognise me through my pseudonym, as normally I'm a very retiring and insular person who craves privacy whilst on my rare outings to the village and if I'm 'outed' this might all have to change. One can only hope!

Hey hey :)

Very much on our own at Devil's Garden tonight. We're expecting* to cruise to the end and hope to see a big ship on the Manchester Ship Canal (none in sight when we did it last week) then probably* go back up the lift tomorrow, so I doubt whether we'll moor with them, with is a shame.

*expecting and probably are our key words at the moment, depending on whether it's too wet or windy to move or we just decide we quite like it here :)

Hey hey :)

Very much on our own at Devil's Garden tonight. We're expecting* to cruise to the end and hope to see a big ship on the Manchester Ship Canal (none in sight when we did it last week) then probably* go back up the lift tomorrow, so I doubt whether we'll moor with them, with is a shame.

*expecting and probably are our key words at the moment, depending on whether it's too wet or windy to move or we just decide we quite like it here :)

Remember to leave some water in the Weaver for us Ange. :-)

Well here are are on our favourite mooring on the Weaver and it is indeed very loud and busy this year,

In fact the peace was totally shattered this morning when 2 boats went quietly past.

If your group of wayward musicians would like to know a good spot to moor for a night then PM me.

I am not going to reveal the location of the best mooring on the system on the forum (look what happened when Laurie did it)!

.............Dave

Well here are are on our favourite mooring on the Weaver and it is indeed very loud and busy this year,

In fact the peace was totally shattered this morning when 2 boats went quietly past.

If your group of wayward musicians would like to know a good spot to moor for a night then PM me.

I am not going to reveal the location of the best mooring on the system on the forum (look what happened when Laurie did it)!

.............Dave

PM secretly sent!