Naughty-Cals Norfolk Adventure

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

Quite literally!

So today we have had a steady trot downstream towards Great Yarmouth

null-48.jpg

Before having a quick blast across Breydon.

null-47.jpg

Before refuelling at Goodchilds and then heading back to Great Yarmouth where we are now enjoying a spot of lunch, cheese crackers and pâté in the sunshine.

null-49.jpg

Once the tide has turned which shouldn't be long now we will have a steady jaunt back to the Tapas Bar which is in what was on e the Pontiac Roadhouse.

Quite literally!

So today we have had a steady trot downstream towards Great Yarmouth

Before having a quick blast across Breydon.

Once the tide has turned which shouldn't be long now we will have a steady jaunt back to the Tapas Bar which is in what was on e the Pontiac Roadhouse.

Not TOO quick though eh???

I remember the Pontiac Road House as the Stacey Arms but I am an old crusty...

About 30 knots.

No speed limit on Breydon you just need to be aware of other boats around.

On the run across there were no other boats about so 30 knots all the way. Few boats dotted around on the way back so not so quick.

About 30 knots.

No speed limit on Breydon you just need to be aware of other boats around.

On the run across there were no other boats about so 30 knots all the way. Few boats dotted around on the way back so not so quick.

I was referring to the warning notice Liam got, presumably that was due to the proximity of other boats....

love the photos- we started off by hiring on the broads and have been many times-and have fond memories of a small cruiser from Moffats in Loddon and Breydon water scared the life out of me- how things have changed. I remember seeing a group of kids very sheepish after they had ripped the top deck off Richardsons star boat (at the time) pink champagne under St Olaves Bridge

and Roy of Wroxham is a legend!!!!

Enjoy!!!

We had a very enjoyable couple of days in Southwold and are now tucked up safely in Wells. No pictures yet afraid as phone reception isn't great.

Fantastic run up the coast this afternoon in glass like seas until we reached the anchorage and it chopped up so we had an uncomfortable hour or so waiting for the tide.

Ooops, better stop our regular trips then.

I always thought Walberswick was the posh side of the river.

It is. We strayed over there as well!!

Very posh houses.

Pictures uploaded at last!

Southwold Harbour

null-52.jpg

null-51.jpg

Last nights mooring in Wells next the Sea

null-53.jpg

And a lovely dinner last night of sweet chilli smoked salmon, smoked crevettes, smoked king scallops, Cajun tomato bread, smoked mature cheddar and smoked Stilton. All purchased from the Southwold Smokehouse.

null-54.jpg

Edited by Naughty Cal

Naughty-Cals stay in Wells is almost over. Tomorrow we must start the journey home to Lincoln.

Tomorrow we will say goodbye to Nitty Gritty , Blue Pearl and their respective crews as we head for Boston and they head for Hull as we all make our way home after what has been a great two weeks so far.

Not TOO quick though eh???

I remember the Pontiac Road House as the Stacey Arms but I am an old crusty...

I also, plus the Locks Inn at Geldeston when it was run by the late Walter Coe. A real character. Kept the pub with oil lights and a strange toilet iirc.

So sad to see it "modernised"

I also, plus the Locks Inn at Geldeston when it was run by the late Walter Coe. A real character. Kept the pub with oil lights and a strange toilet iirc.

So sad to see it "modernised"

Had a nice curry there tonight. Colin does curry every Friday, they also had about 8 beers on, but I was driving so just one "Trawler Boys"