Living on board what are the main things we will need.Newbies please be gentle,

woodjam

Featured Posts

Mooring chains and mooring pins, a mallet, a dongle or iPad, folding sack truck with a couple of bungee hook things (you'd be surprised how many things it becomes useful for), your favourite music, a cheap set of spanners (unless you intend to be a proper tinkerer in which case buy a good set), a brimmed hat for rain or shine, sun tan lotion, and some beer.

That's the essential boating kit. :P

Edited by BlueStringPudding
  • Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are loving it a part from the wigan flight.

21 locks in 8 hours On a wide beam.

We are now on week 3 of the adventure.

Alls good

Learning all new social skills and practical skills.

Torches and portable rechargeable lighting solutions galore - headtorches, those round LED lights that have magnets on the back, those long rechargeable LED wand's - had no use for this kind of thing before living aboard now can't do without them.

Also a 12v torch battery charger for the above. And proper waterproofs.

Torches and portable rechargeable lighting solutions galore - headtorches, those round LED lights that have magnets on the back, those long rechargeable LED wand's - had no use for this kind of thing before living aboard now can't do without them.

Also a 12v torch battery charger for the above. And proper waterproofs.

Oh thank you - OH wants to get head torches & I wasn't sure - but yes when cruising I can see the point now

A sense of humour and a liking (or even a tolerance would do at a push) for toilets and all things related...cassette? pump out? whichever you have you will be right and whichever you have you will be wrong. But one thing is for sure, you will never be short of conversation!

I love boat living and have no plans to move into a house - although I am told some people like them :-)

Head torches are a must - from searching for things in dark cupboards, to having to faff about outside at 6pm in the winter.

I always wear a head torch when going through long tunnels. Its useful to be able to look around, plus you can spot interesting tunnel features.