Middlewich Folk and Boat Festival

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

Doh! That's a bugger cos would love to be there and not very far boat days away so could ... but ...

booked in at Pelsall so can't unfortunately.

That's the worst thing about this time of year - too many things happening at the same time each weekend.

Doh! That's a bugger cos would love to be there and not very far boat days away so could ... but ...

booked in at Pelsall so can't unfortunately.

That's the worst thing about this time of year - too many things happening at the same time each weekend.

My original plan was to be at Pelsall but delays last month meant I couldn't make it so I'm here instead. I think your still in Audlam - I should be there Monday or Tuesday. Hope too see you then - are you in the marina?

Thinking of coming down for the day (in our camper van) depending on work - think we saw your boat on the Rufford Branch a while back

Yes you'll have seen me there, that's where the above delay occurred.

My original plan was to be at Pelsall but delays last month meant I couldn't make it so I'm here instead. I think your still in Audlam - I should be there Monday or Tuesday. Hope too see you then - are you in the marina?

We're on the towpath not far from the marina.

Moored on Middlewich Branch near bridge 28. Have already had useful visit from RCR re clapped out alternator and would be out and about seeing the sights (although I might have seen all of Middlewich yesterday) IF THIS BLOOMING RAIN WOULD STOP.

Have lit the fire!!!! Digging out waterproofs. Might have to avoid outdoor concerts if this weather continues.

Programme of events looks fantastic with enough freebie concerts to keep anyone happy.

That;s theMiddlewich Festival over and about to set off down the Shroppie. Lot;s of good music, especially from the numerous Canadian bands and of course a fair amount of beer. Next stop the Anchor with a pause in Audlum.

Echo comment about Gordie MacKeeman and would add that NE3Folk were the outstanding act for me. Far too many of the venues were full of people who had no apparent interest in the music just the drink. It made it impossible to hear acts properly and my sympathy goes out to all the artists asked to perform in such conditions. Oh - and My Sweet Patootie were great as well - I think - I could barely hear them.

Memo to self for next time - go to paid concerts where people actually listened to the music. The Roving Crows in the main field were FAR TOO LOUD!!!

Echo comment about Gordie MacKeeman and would add that NE3Folk were the outstanding act for me. Far too many of the venues were full of people who had no apparent interest in the music just the drink. It made it impossible to hear acts properly and my sympathy goes out to all the artists asked to perform in such conditions. Oh - and My Sweet Patootie were great as well - I think - I could barely hear them.

Memo to self for next time - go to paid concerts where people actually listened to the music. The Roving Crows in the main field were FAR TOO LOUD!!!

I saw My Sweet Patootie in the Narrowboat and it's just a difficult venue for music, you could only really hear them if you were on top of them and I was too hot to stay indoors!

I know a lot of people enjoyed their beer but I have to say I felt very safe in every venue, didn't see anyone particularly roaring drunk, and getting served at the bars wasn't a problem for us. It was also possible to find a seat at most of the venues we went to.

All in all I thought it was well organised, lots of fun, and I'm looking forward to next year. clapping.gif