Is anyone driving form north to south in the near future?

Tony Wonfor

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Some of you may have read my post on my dads fundraising trip for Macmillan around the uk canal system. His original plan was to have an electric outboard with a petrol oiutboard as backup. Unfortunately he cant find many places to recharge the electric motor so has had to rely on the petrol one. A very kind gentleman named "Bazza" on the forum has offered to let dad use his4hp outboard as a backup but theres a little problem. My dad is now in Godalming and Bazza is in Lincoln. If anyone is passing through Lincoln in the near future heading towards London, you'd be helping a great cause by collecting the motor and dropping it somewhere near London. I'm quite happy to meet someone somewhere.

Thanks all! smile.png

Nice offer from Bazza there....sorry, I can't help...I'm just posting this to bump it to the top of new posts in case someone can help.

Been following your Dad's exploits...he deserves more recognition for the trip he's undertaking.

Janet

How desperate is the situation?

I have a 3.3hp 2 stroke and am about 45mins drive from Godalming. Why is he taking on water? Are repairs needed? Is there anything else he needs?

PM me a phone no if it's any help.

Rob.

Edited by Hair Bear Bunch
  • Greenie 1

How desperate is the situation?

I have a 3.3hp 2 stroke and am about 45mins drive from Godalming. Why is he taking on water? Are repairs needed? Is there anything else he needs?

PM me a phone no if it's any help.

Rob.

Thanks very much for the offer Rob. He was very interested until I put it to him that once the journey ends in Selby, he then has to get your engine back to Hampshire. The offer from Bazza in Lincoln is a better bet as Selby's not too far from Lincoln.

Repairs are not too desperate. He has hit the boat a couple of times and has a couple of holes. He's either going to do a glass fibre repair or fill the holes with some spray filler foam.

Hi,

I am not far from Lincoln and will be driving to Brighton on Monday. If it will fit in the back of my small hatchback i would be quite happy to drop it off in/near London.

Junior, that would be fantastic! What way would you be coming from Lincoln. If its down the A1 then I'm in Enfield and could collect from you as you hit the M25. I could meet you on the huge roundabout (M25/A1 junction). What is the hatchback? Bazza is going to see if it can be laid on its side or if it needs to be kept upright.

Thanks very much for the offer Rob. He was very interested until I put it to him that once the journey ends in Selby, he then has to get your engine back to Hampshire. The offer from Bazza in Lincoln is a better bet as Selby's not too far from Lincoln.

Repairs are not too desperate. He has hit the boat a couple of times and has a couple of holes. He's either going to do a glass fibre repair or fill the holes with some spray filler foam.

Junior, that would be fantastic! What way would you be coming from Lincoln. If its down the A1 then I'm in Enfield and could collect from you as you hit the M25. I could meet you on the huge roundabout (M25/A1 junction). What is the hatchback? Bazza is going to see if it can be laid on its side or if it needs to be kept upright.

South Mimms services i believe? That would be ideal. Its a Citroen DS3, quite small, but if it'll fit i'll bring it down.

South Mimms services i believe? That would be ideal. Its a Citroen DS3, quite small, but if it'll fit i'll bring it down.

Rob, you are a star and a true gent but I think "Bazza" actually decided to make a day of it and run the engine down to him today!!! All the way from Lincoln to London. I haven't had it confirmed yet as I can't get hold of dad but I think it was a cert. Thankyou very much for your kind offer.

clapping.gifclapping.gif

Just spoke to dad and he met up with Bazza. What a star!! Dad had a meal with them, a bit of a chat and then set off for a long journey back up north. What a guy!!! Thankyou very much Barry. After yesterdays atrocity, its kind hearted gestures like this that restore your faith in human kindness. clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif

Top Guy Bazza! One of CWDF's best. Well done! clapping.gif

Top guy is an understatement. He's an angel! clapping.gifclapping.gif

and top marks to 'junior' too for being on stand by...this forum beats everything and at times like this more than makes up for the occasional sniping that goes on.

pats on the backs may seem to be over sugaring but I don't think the good guys can ever get enough praise, and a sad reflection that evil makes top television news far more often!

Awwww shucks.....

As soon as I knew Tony's dad was going to be close to Thames lock tonight so would be ready to hit the Thames tomorrow it was obvious that he needed the outboard today

Got the engine, got the car, got the time. Took my lovely lady for a day trip to the slip side of London

I do love an adventure

Edited by Bazza2

Awwww shucks.....

As soon as I knew Tony's dad was going to close top Thames lock tonight so would be ready to hit the Thames tomorrow it was obvious that he needed the outboard today

Got the engine, got the car, got the time. Took my lovely lady for a day trip to the slip side of London

I do love an adventure

Well done that man!