Middle Level Facebook Group

Sydknee

Featured Posts

I've just asked to join and tried to send you a message saying that although my boat isn't there I know the Middle Level fairly well. However Facebook wanted me to pay 69p! Facebook get my card details over my dead body!

I'd still like to join though...

I've just asked to join and tried to send you a message saying that although my boat isn't there I know the Middle Level fairly well. However Facebook wanted me to pay 69p! Facebook get my card details over my dead body!

I'd still like to join though...

I joined no problem

The other issue is that not everyone is on facebook, in fact I get heartily sick and tired of all and sundry assuming that I am and being treated as thoughI have leprosy when I say I am not.

Hi

Totaly agree. Facebook, twitter etc are for my grandkids, not for adults for cripes sake. If waterways groups or any other group needs to advertise then doing it on a childrens forum is not going to work for me.

Tim

Sorry for all those that don't use Facebook but many people, like myself do.

Its a bit like a branded yeast extract, you either love it or hate it. I love both and wanted bring all those boaters on Middle level and Facebook together.

Is face book the only option you are offering?

There is a group of people that I belong to where the head honcho announced a face book page for the group. I asked if there was an alternative for non face book users because otherwise I was going miss out. He replied very quickly that, Yes, there is a web page for non face book users. If he had said, No, its face book or nothing, I would have told him to poke it. As it is I appreciate the extra bit of effort he has gone to to include as many people as he can

Without provision for non face book users you are going to miss or lose some people.