boaters target boaters

Trix

Featured Posts

Boat? That is no ordinairy boat. That is a Hudson, which makes the owner a defacto real boater. And entitles him to wear a Captain's hat, without being ridiculed.

I saw a couple of those today. Do they always have mock canvas, with wanna be trader signs? As well as the false rivets?

I saw a couple of those today. Do they always have mock canvas, with wanna be trader signs? As well as the false rivets?

There were 3 moored on Devizes Wharf yesterday as we went by but one had no rivets...

do you think the K & A thief had had them away??

Edited by Gillie

I was washing my boat today, finally, after having picked up all the sewage and muck from the K&A.

( I'll never go there again, muck caked all over me rivets )

I felt put to shame by a man who was cleaning his Hudson boat with water from a very shiny copper bucket.

But I am now, only a day from braunston.

Thought I ought to make the effort.

Not that it matters, or am I making any assumption. But you do live 500 miles from your boat?

No, its 450 by road or 350 by air.

Ah, boat racism. Bigoted or what!

I presume he was using Evian?

I very much doubt it. Well, champagne to wash, maybe Evan to rinse.

The rally funny thing about fake working boats, is that they are fashioned to looked loaded, with fully clothed hold, but always sit high in the water, with the stern low..

No I think they are fashioned to look like a modern well built boat with ballast to give good handling. If Hudson owners wanted working boats, they would probably have bought them (from the scrapyard). Or they would buy an ice cream van. Edited by nicknorman

The rally funny thing about fake working boats, is that they are fashioned to looked loaded, with fully clothed hold, but always sit high in the water, with the stern low..

Running on cement mixer engines....

Well they come from dump trucks innit

Is that a euphemism for a boat with a pump out toilet?

Nothing wrong with the cement mixer engine in my working boat

Although I hear its ability to run the freezer compressor is a bit dodgy = soggy ice cream.

Which of course is a close relation to the Hudson, all flake.

Don't be nasty to Henk, he can't help having a close relation to a Hudson, after all he isn't really up to having a real one but that's not his fault.

Edited by nicknorman

Don't be nasty to Henk, he can't help having a close relation to a Hudson, after all he isn't really up to having a real one but that's not his fault.

I'm glad you liken the lines of your boat to the gracious lines of my boat. I must admit, that those iron boat builders knew how to bend a bow. And obviously you must have gotten the inspiration for those washers somewhere.. ahh, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

You could perhaps fashion a Ice Cream for sale sign, to hang over the side hatch?

Hi all

I never post on here but read very often.

We are boat owners but only get to use our boat during school holidays and the odd weekend.

I have become very disturbed by this thread.

We were attracted to boat ownership on the canals because we saw it as a very relaxed and laid back holiday opportunity.

To be honest, rightly or wrongly we look upon what we refer to as water gypsies as part of the colour and ambience of the canals.

We pay licence and mooring fees for a marina berth and have no interest in what other people pay for their boat. I have never heard anyone in real life express any comment positive or negative towards said water gypsies.

I think having read comments on this forum for past six years that the result of people jumping up and down about supposed infringements has only resulted in more rules being imposed. Who are the losers... Likes of me! Where before I could moor for 48 hours in a nice village now I can grab my shopping and a pint and then ...gotta go! No relaxation in that

However the people you all seem to be irate at take no notice anyway.... It will always be the case.

While you jump up and down and demand cart impose sanctions all it means is more rules and stricter at that for the law abiding.

Reality is cart have no teeth... They erect signs saying 24 hours etc. that the likes of us obey, but in reality can't do anything about those that don't. I look upon on them as courtesy signs, but obey none the less.

It sounds as if there is a war out there... Sorry if I upset anyone as I realise people have agendas and also that there are issues I don't know about...

But hells teeth this is supposed to be leisure pursuit and we are trying to enjoy ourselves....haha

Are you sure you are reading the same forum as us? I can't think of anyone has clamoured for more stringent mooring regulations. Some have called for existing regulations to be better enforced but if you are a compliant boater, stricter enforcement surely doesn't affect? Yes it is a leisure pursuit, and also a way of life for some, but as with all things social people need to comply with the rules for the common good, but there will always be a few who don't want to, for whom some teeth are required.

You could perhaps fashion a Ice Cream for sale sign, to hang over the side hatch?

I could but you would probably have me for breach of copyright. Edited by nicknorman

I have copy right on Ice Cream Signs? Wow, I better go see a solicitor tomorrow..

<nice sidestep of the rest of the post btw ;o) >

Hi all

I never post on here but read very often.

We are boat owners but only get to use our boat during school holidays and the odd weekend.

I have become very disturbed by this thread.

We were attracted to boat ownership on the canals because we saw it as a very relaxed and laid back holiday opportunity.

To be honest, rightly or wrongly we look upon what we refer to as water gypsies as part of the colour and ambience of the canals.

We pay licence and mooring fees for a marina berth and have no interest in what other people pay for their boat. I have never heard anyone in real life express any comment positive or negative towards said water gypsies.

I think having read comments on this forum for past six years that the result of people jumping up and down about supposed infringements has only resulted in more rules being imposed. Who are the losers... Likes of me! Where before I could moor for 48 hours in a nice village now I can grab my shopping and a pint and then ...gotta go! No relaxation in that

However the people you all seem to be irate at take no notice anyway.... It will always be the case.

While you jump up and down and demand cart impose sanctions all it means is more rules and stricter at that for the law abiding.

Reality is cart have no teeth... They erect signs saying 24 hours etc. that the likes of us obey, but in reality can't do anything about those that don't. I look upon on them as courtesy signs, but obey none the less.

It sounds as if there is a war out there... Sorry if I upset anyone as I realise people have agendas and also that there are issues I don't know about...

But hells teeth this is supposed to be leisure pursuit and we are trying to enjoy ourselves....haha

We are enjoying ourselves.. I'm at work, but very little to do tonight.

And 23 posts is not bad going for someone who "never posts here.."

Edited by luctor et emergo