Electricity Generating Stove

Tesla

Featured Posts

Roy Willoughby at Warstock Developments in Stockton (Nr Southam) was working on something similar - don't know how far he's got with it.

I presume that like the Ecofan, all these arrangements use the Seebeck effect to generate (a bit!) of electricity from stove heat.

Richard

.....these arrangements use the Seebeck effect to generate (a bit!) of electricity from stove heat.

Richard

and the Novelty effect to extract (a lot) of folding beer tokens from your wallet :rolleyes:

and the Novelty effect to extract (a lot) of folding beer tokens from your wallet :rolleyes:

Quite.

For that price you can buy a Kelly Kettle (or a Jetboil if you can't be bothered with struggling to light "biomass)and several solar chargers .

the stove is an updraft gasifier and the power output is really to power the fan in it, theres no serious power generated.

you can make a simpler version from a couple of food cans, they're good for camping. See youtube.

one i made earlier, burning wood chips 004-3_zps944cbc83.jpg

Edited by onionbargee

From the website:

"If you're truly "off-grid" for a few days, charging up your essential gadgets – phone, torch, music player etc – can be almost impossible."

Keeping your "essential gasgets" like phone, music player going doesn't seem quite in keeping with the ethos of living off grid, does it...? Torch? Well ok I'll give them that one...

MtB

From the website:

"If you're truly "off-grid" for a few days, charging up your essential gadgets – phone, torch, music player etc – can be almost impossible."

Keeping your "essential gasgets" like phone, music player going doesn't seem quite in keeping with the ethos of living off grid, does it...? Torch? Well ok I'll give them that one...

MtB

Plus, if I was "off-grid" for a few days, I would hope to be roasting dead buffalo or such over my fire, not sure this gadget could cope, the picture shows a few kids toasting marsh mellows :wacko: