Any Ideas Who Made This Can ?

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I am indeed, got a couple of bids in! I'm selling it because I bought a job lot of cans and other bit and bobs this week. The seller said that her mother bought them on the Stratford Canal in the 70's from a painter who lived in an unusual lock cottage with a round red roof! I'm thinking Preston Bagot??? Anyone here got a long enough memory to tell me anything more about the painter....please.

I like your can Alan.

This is part of my haul My link

Edited by allybsc

Be interested to know who made those two cans in your link. Bococks of George St in Birmingham would be my guess.

Is the larger one a 3 gallon?

Yes, but it's bigger than any three gallon can I've owned before. I thought Bococks for the other two, that little one is tiny the pic makes it look bigger. The handle on the big one looks like a Lester can....anyhoo I love 'em!

Your can is awesome!

Can anybody tell me who the likely manufacturer is, please?

Lester's have been suggested, which would square with it being modern and not particularly heavyweight, but I have no idea if that is right or wrong.

IMG_7127_zps0a8b59dd.jpg

Hi Alan

Blank2GalCan.jpg

Your Can is an A G Lester Can. This pic is a 2 Gallon BCM Can modelled on the A G Lester Can.

As no one in this country wants to manufacture these items I praise BCM for at leaset making an effort. Lester Cans pop up now and again from back rooms, sheds and stores. Hidden away from sight.

Sorry to use bright paint on my work and to put in alot of effort (with ease) it's the way I paint and seem to suit me fine.

Enjoy your Can and if you would like me to repaint it just drop me a line.

Cheers,

Terence :)

Sorry to use bright paint on my work and to put in alot of effort (with ease) it's the way I paint and seem to suit me fine.

Cheers,

Terence :)

No problem Terence,

I've even varnished your cans and barrel with quality exterior yacht stuff to make them even shinier! :P

Mike