calming down a bubble stove fire

Swampfrog

Featured Posts

Hope someone is out there? The fire has been going brilliantly......using different smokeless fuel...but the fire is now racing away? How can I calm it down....don't think I have overloaded it....and the vents are closed?

It is normally. But didn't they offer a solid fuel version? Cannot think why you would want one though

I didn't know that. The wind has been a pain here, the bird cowl failed in wind, possibly dangerous as our diesel Bubble was completely blown out.

The paint on the stem of the bird cowl crumbled where it rubbed in it's housing, it built up and froze/jammed in one direction, on another occasion very windy night we smelt fumes in the boat, and puffs of smoke was coming from the front vent. It was extremely windy though, so what ever was up there the same would have probably happened.

We do have Carbon monoxide detectors before we told were going to die :lol:

Lynn,s just found some Harworth Heating solid fuel stoves, but not Bubble but called Charnwood country No. 4 for boats 4kw, maybe it has a bubble logo though.

I didn't know that. The wind has been a pain here, the bird cowl failed in wind, possibly dangerous as our diesel Bubble was completely blown out.

The paint on the stem of the bird cowl crumbled where it rubbed in it's housing, it built up and froze/jammed in one direction, on another occasion very windy night we smelt fumes in the boat, and puffs of smoke was coming from the front vent. It was extremely windy though, so what ever was up there the same would have probably happened.

We do have Carbon monoxide detectors before we told were going to die :lol:

Lynn,s just found some Harworth Heating solid fuel stoves, but not Bubble but called Charnwood country No. 4 for boats 4kw, maybe it has a bubble logo though.

What you been feeding the bird on. Its poo probably dropped on the pivot and jambed it.

What you been feeding the bird on. Its poo probably dropped on the pivot and jambed it.

Poo paint anyway, I'll have to strip it off in the 2 areas it rubs against, I will say though it's a decent thickness of paint :lol:I was a bit surprised paint scrapings caused it o seize, it's a powder coating so maybe it's quite hard paint.

It would seem that solid fuel versions are made as this link is the operating instructions.

My link

As said check the door seals for airtightness. Use a till receipt and close the door on it, if the receipt pulls out then the door seal is defective.

James :cheers:

Edited by canals are us?