Summer 2013

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

that's the other shoulder...

That's lucky,

there are quite a number of things its difficult to do other handed .....................

Like brushing yer teeth !!!!!!! norty !

Though most people can write beautifully with the other hand - its just that it'll be backwards.

that's the other shoulder...

He's right and liberal quantities of Dr Bradley's Linctus last night proved far more efficacious than ibuprofen so I'm off for some more shortly.

I'm now at the top of the Atherstone flight and intend to descend, at least part way, tomorrow. Shoulder is getting better so see how it goes.

Came to a dead stop today and with no engine or steerage ploughed into the offside. About 12 feet of heavy duty rubber sheeting round the prop, First instinct (after lighting a fag) was that I couldn't get that off at all. However after a it of struggling I got one end out and with the help of two passers by managed to unravel it all.

The beer diet and short days has done well and pain much reduced. Now two locks from the bottom of Atherstone flight - I had to stop because the football was starting. Probably won't move far in the next few days then look for somewhere to get the boat blacked.

What a smashing day for cruising, sunny but cold and only seen two other boat moving (a bit like the Pennine canals in the height of summer.) After spending a few days at the bottom of the Atherstone flight I have moved on to Hopwas where I expected to stay for a few days as yesterday the weather forecast was for plenty of rain. Today it is for three dry days so tomorrow to Fradley and booking the Harecastle tunnel for next Wednesday. I'll e at Whaley Bridge in no time - well a couple of weeks.

Yes not much moving on the Oxford either.

I was going to go into Barby yesterday, for my winter mooring but it was just too nice, so a short cruise to Rugby and a visit to the shops. Now at Hillmorton and it's another beautiful morning.