anti-slip paint

Featured Posts

i am wanting to repaint my narrow boat roof and was thinking of using a decent product like Protecta-Kote (UVR) - has anyone used this on their roof and if so does it get a good review? owt else out there that might compare? all helpful advice happily accepted. :P

Spotted this on ebay, name rings a bell

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337927f2ac

I used some mix in beads for our roof paint made from a hard plastic, can't find reference to them a the moment though.

ETA http://www.diysupermarket.com/anti-slip-additive-for-paint-add250.html

Edited by Julynian

i am wanting to repaint my narrow boat roof and was thinking of using a decent product like Protecta-Kote (UVR) - has anyone used this on their roof and if so does it get a good review? owt else out there that might compare? all helpful advice happily accepted. :P

Enter 'non slip' in the search, at the top of the page. Do it out of the thread, though. In Active Contents page or Forums.

Sorry, a bit tired and would have tried an answer here.

Edited by Higgs

106 quid buys a lot of sharp sand you can mix into a standard paint. It's on the roof of my boat and it is very non-slip even in the wet.

Trouble is by all accounts it's not that easy to get an even finish.

I use International Interdeck. If I can paint it on and get the desired finish then anyone can.

http://www.marinemegastore.com/product-INTERDECK-750-ML-PLA_175267.htm

• 2 months later...

Hi Paddler1, This may be way bit late for you, but I was taken in by Protecta-kote ads and painted my boat's roof in it. Firstly it is not remotely easy to apply evenly, one tip I did find out, was to thin it down with Xylene to stop it clagging up, which it does too readily. The main problem is that,although very effective as a non slip surface-you could hold a disco in the pouring rain and not fall over the side, It is subject, like all textured paints, to dirt from chimney, roof furniture etc.and quickly looks unattractive It also looks like hell to remove, I was forced to e-mail an industrial paint company for a suitable product and they had never heard of Protecta-kote! Perhaps the biggest objection is that the finish looks very untidy on a narrowboat with its very heavy texture. Incidentally there are warnings all over the place on application, Do heed them, Xylene is horrible and as I understand it, carcinogenic, I am working out what to take it off with and to redo the roof with say International, as suggested by your other posters.

best of luck