Lock Keeper Discount

Wrinkley

Featured Posts

An acquaintance of mine has just been employed as a Look keeper by C&RT for the summer. I said congratulations in gaining employment. I know the job does not pay particularly well but during the conversation he tells me that he will now get a discount on his boat license. Is this true?

An acquaintance of mine has just been employed as a Look keeper by C&RT for the summer. I said congratulations in gaining employment. I know the job does not pay particularly well but during the conversation he tells me that he will now get a discount on his boat license. Is this true?

Do you not believe him??

Whether it's true or not - - - it's a small perk for the job they do IMO

Slightly curious comment, or was it tongue in cheek.

Is this a volunteer, (unpaid) post, or are they still making some use of paid seasonal lock-keepers.

Slightly curious comment, or was it tongue in cheek.

Is this a volunteer, (unpaid) post, or are they still making some use of paid seasonal lock-keepers.

Paid seasonals are employed on the Trent locks from Holme lock and eastwards. Volunteers like SWMBO and I cover their days off, holidays and illnesses.

I would not do it if it put someone out of work