Waterscape now part CRT

DillyDally

Featured Posts

As an aside to my recent 'River conditions thread' has anyone else noticed that wherever you click on the waterscape site it takes you to the CRT site? I read another thread today about CRT taking over EA too... Perhaps it's all part of 'The Big Plan'? Or maybe it's just my ignorance being a newbie and it's always been this way! :huh:

I have never known if there is/was a link but in the days before CRT I used to arrive at a BW page which basically said for these things click here and had a BW log and for xyz click here and a waterscape link. As a result I have assumed they were both part of the same organisation and assume they still are.

I have never known if there is/was a link but in the days before CRT I used to arrive at a BW page which basically said for these things click here and had a BW log and for xyz click here and a waterscape link. As a result I have assumed they were both part of the same organisation and assume they still are.

Well yes, Waterscape is still a CRT web-site, but only for as long as it continues to survive. The stated intention is that it will disappear over time - in the same way as CRT quickly simply got rid of "Waterscape" groups in Facebook. The only reason the Waterscape web-site lingers on is because CRT have not been very prompt at moving all the essential stuff like "stoppages" to the CRT one.

BW Marinas Ltd is a separate plc, it has nothing to do with CRT.

Completely wrong, I'm afraid......

BWML is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canal & River Trust (formerly British Waterways) and operates under a

Fair Trading Code of Practice. The principles of the Fair Trading Code are that BWML will be treated by Canal &

River Trust (CRT) in the same manner as any other private mooring or marina operator and that BWML should

not receive any special help, information, services or privileges that are not made available on the same terms to

other operators on the CRT network of waterways. Various operating measures are in place to ensure that BWML

complies with this Code which include paying CRT for the supply of accounting, payroll and pension services and

the open market rents for marinas that are leased from CRT. In the year ended 31st March 2012 BWML paid to

CRT( then incorpated as British Waterways) property rents of £677k (2011: £657k) and charges for services of

£72k (2011: £70k)

So, why is it still British Waterways Marinas?

Because they decided not to change a brand name, I guess?

They are after all marinas on the British waterways. :rolleyes:

And perhaps to to stop us arguing about what abbreviation to use (CRTML, CaRTML, CARTML, C&RTML, etc.....).

It isn't. Their brand is 'BWML', not 'British Waterways Marinas Ltd'. The latter is just the formal company name and is only used in contexts where that's required.

Really?

Their "contact us" page.....

Contact Information

British Waterways Marinas Limited

British Waterways Marinas Limited

Head Office

Sawley Marina,

Sawley,

Nottingham,

NG10 3AE

I wonder if they will be issuing refunds to all the customers found to be overdeclaring their boat lengths, the ones fibbed to by their their boatbuilders...

I find it suprisingly difficult to measure a boat length. Every time I measure Aldebaran I get a different result.

MtB