Here we go again....

Tinally

Featured Posts

Yello,

The Thames at Runnymede is fast and has risen at least 18" since Saturday .... my pontoon is now becoming submerged again !

Sleeping in the bow sounds like a jucuzzi again !

Malc. B)

Much the same at Eynsham above Oxford. The bank I moored against is now under 2" of water and the path back to the lock is over my wellies in places so I'm trapped till it drops. Have supplies for a week so should be ok as long as it doesn't rise much more.

Edit due to embarrassing spell checker correction. Thanks Matty :blush:

Edited by Meggers

Much the same at Eynsham above Oxford. The bank I moored against is now under 2" of water and the path back to the lock is over my willies in places so I'm trapped till it drops. Have supplies for a week so should be ok as long as it doesn't rise much more.

Now is it waist height, 2", or just over your wellington boot tops.............

Judging by the ea website levels on the fossdyke ae almost back to normal levels which in theory means our flood gates have been opened again.

Guess that means they have managed to dump it all quickly into the witham which should be making things interesting downstream towards bardney and beyond.

Should be testing the lines on the boats wintering in Boston as the sluices work full chat to get rid of the water!

Makes you wonder what the concrete wall that runs the full length of Brayford Wharfe North is actually for. I thought it was flood defence but apparently not. Maybe it is just a posh base for the handrail

Makes you wonder what the concrete wall that runs the full length of Brayford Wharfe North is actually for. I thought it was flood defence but apparently not. Maybe it is just a posh base for the handrail

Not even that posh. It's an eye sore!

Still moored in the Thames above Eynsham lock and just had a narrow boat pass heading downstream at a fair old rate of knots :o

They managed to make the S bend and got through Swinford bridge - hope they can stop at the lock. The river is over he banks so I guess they know the river well.

Still moored in the Thames above Eynsham lock and just had a narrow boat pass heading downstream at a fair old rate of knots :o

They managed to make the S bend and got through Swinford bridge - hope they can stop at the lock. The river is over he banks so I guess they know the river well.

Either that or they are just plain stupid!

Are the gates at Burton Waters open again yet?

Yes. They opened them on Tuesday apparently. Beautiful morning this morning. We are currently moored on the Lincoln boat club mooring enjoying the sunshine. Water level back to normal levels here.

189A609D-8DA9-4296-AED9-FD5A21FD5BB6-4552-0000067D9B62FF95.jpg

Yello,

I think The Thames here at Runnymede has possibly peaked. Overnight the level has dropped two inches with all the weir gates open.

Malc.

I was in Staines this morning Malc and stopped to try to get to your mooring to say hello, but I couldn't figure out how to get there.

Anyway, it's funny how you get used to this flooding. I'm definitely less bothered this time, but it would be nice if we could just have some "normal" weather and river conditions for a change.