waterworld

dor

Featured Posts

For those of you in the Carlton Central region:

"Thursday 19:30 Waterworld

New series exploring Britain's inland waterways, beginning with a report on a new generation of water-dwellers who have profited from the property boom, and news of pole dancing aboard the world's first stretch limo cruiser. Timothy West presents."

For those of you NOT in the Central region:

na na na na na!

If the program lives up to expectations, I don't think I will be able to look at that pole on my roof in the same way ever again.............

Edited by dor

Hi dor,

I see that Waterworld is on on Thursday.

Although I live in Scotland, I can still get Carlton via cable.

Bernie, if you have cable or satelite Sky, I can look back as to how to view Carlton from other areas and put the instructions here.

Colin

Hi dor,

Bernie, if you have cable or satelite Sky, I can look back as to how to view Carlton from other areas and put the instructions here.

Colin

Thanks for the offer Colin, I have neither since most of the time I can't be bothered with TV anyway, just certain programs.

dhutch:

I live in Cheshire also, but with an aerial pointing southish, I can get a decent analogue signal (digital not so good though). So I have a Central aerial plugged into the aerial line socket, and a NW aerial plugged into the digibox. Anything to avoid paying the murdoch shilling.

Hi all,

I can't find the old post but I think I have the solution. Apologies are provided beforehand because the grey cells are fading here.

On the Sky handset

Press: Services

Select: Other channels

Select: ITV Central

Autoview cannot be selected.

Selection and button pushing must be done just before the programme starts.

I would suggest that you try with the above with a different ITV area than your own (try Grampian...it's very different) to see if it works.

Best of luck folks.

Colin

I have watched pretty well all the previous series, and find it generally interesting, but two thing irritate me.

The first is the way a particular storyline is repeatedly broken up into little pieces. Now I know that TV producers these days seem to think that people only have a 10 second attention span (and need to see things at odd angles and zoomed in/out rapidly), but I would suggest that is not the case for viewers of this program.

Secondly some of the content leaves much to be desired, and gives a rather false impression of waterways use. In particular was the story of the hen party, which seemed to concentrate on how stupid the girls were. No doubt they were nowhere near as bad as it came across, but I suspect selective editing was used to give a more "fun" (!) story. The impression was given that it's ok to go boating in high heels, it's a bit of a laugh if you crash into other boats, and isn't it sooooo funny that we haven't got a clue what we are doing.

There is so much of interest on the canals: the people, the buildings, the engineering, the history and heritage, it is a shame that so much of the program is given over to trivial "popular" style broadcasting.

Just watched it too.....I think I must be breaking some kind of byelaw, as I do not have every conceivable level surface inside my boat covered in nasty little nick-nacks!

There......feel better now!

Andy.

Hi all,

I watched it tonight and Nigel, I am not going to sell up and go liveaboard.

I am going to get a new barge pole....stainless steel, vertical and a nubile young maiden to dance round it but with no guests! But alas my partner will not allow any such thing...spoilsport she is sometomes.

Andy....there are no nick knacks on my boat whatsoever so lets join the bye-law breaking brigade.

At least with this series, there seemed to be less jumping about between stories.

I see next week that there is a bit about radio-controlled boats.

Colin

They obviously took notice of my comments above: it is much improved by not jumping about so much.

Don't think I will be able to look at my partner holding the boat pole in the same light again though!

Hi all,

I can't find the old post but I think I have the solution. Apologies are provided beforehand because the grey cells are fading here.

On the Sky handset

Press: Services

Select: Other channels

Select: ITV Central

Autoview cannot be selected.

Selection and button pushing must be done just before the programme starts.

I would suggest that you try with the above with a different ITV area than your own (try Grampian...it's very different) to see if it works.

Best of luck folks.

Colin

Colin

I have Sky (in the ITV HTV Wales region), and have followed your instructions. Unfortunately, after selecting 'other channels', I am instructed to go via System Setup and Add Channels. Although another 4 channels were listed, ITV1 Carlton Central is not one of them :D

I then telephoned Sky - three phone calls later and what seemed a never-ending phone menu, I was told that although the BBC have made their various regions nationally available, ITV has not (yet) :D:)

Only one option left - I'll have to move!

Thanks anyway...

Mark

Colin / Mark

Yon nearly got it right but missed out putting in the frequencies

Try this - it works (Sky)

Press Services

System setup

Add channels

Frequency- "10.832" following fields to "H", "22" and "5/6"

Highlight 'Find Channels' and press Select

You will now get the following list:

Carlton/LWT

Carlton Central

Carlton Westcountry

HTV West

HTV Wales

Highlight Central and press Yellow Button on Remote

It should now be there.

Accessed by pressing

Services

Other Channels

Good Luck

Geoff

Edited by Newtoitall

We get 'Look North' but strangely enough we get Central somehow on terrestrial, enjoyed the program but would like to see more realistic articles, The stretched limo needed about five minutes less than it got!! i get the idea that the waterways diversity program needs modifying but the last thing I would want coming past my waterside home late at night (if I had one) would be a boatload of drunken young nubiles screaming 'get them off Jock!' but I guess that the proprietor of that business has his route sorted out so as not to affect the locals.

regards

Edited by Inspector Gadget