NU WAY MARINA CARNFORTH

g916

Featured Posts

The link is to a no-doubt respected local building and roof repair company, there is below that a link as related businesses to Twetfield marina.

Before the Lancaster gets any more marinas completing the renovation to Kendal should be looked at first.

The link is to a no-doubt respected local building and roof repair company, there is below that a link as related businesses to Twetfield marina.

Before the Lancaster gets any more marinas completing the renovation to Kendal should be looked at first.

Anyone have any info pics etc on Nu way acorn marina carnforth? Cant find much online.

Hi

No pictures or links but I can confirm it exists! It's an old established marina in the centre of carnforth, right opposite the canal turn pub. A mixture of cruisers and narrowboats, I've never heard anything bad about it. Facilities are limited, shower, loos and diesel and I'm not sure how much repair work is done there now. Cumbrian narrowboats have just started to have a presence there too.

Hi

No pictures or links but I can confirm it exists! It's an old established marina in the centre of carnforth, right opposite the canal turn pub. A mixture of cruisers and narrowboats, I've never heard anything bad about it. Facilities are limited, shower, loos and diesel and I'm not sure how much repair work is done there now. Cumbrian narrowboats have just started to have a presence there too.

There's a good slipway which we have used a few times

haggis

Anyone have any info pics etc on Nu way acorn marina carnforth? Cant find much online.

Go to Google Maps Streetview in Carnforth and place yourself outside the BP garage on the A6 and look through the petrol station forecourt and you can see some of it! ;)

One of our earliest hire boat holidays was on a Nu Way boat from Carnforth (on "Merlin" a 60 footer). The first morning we stayed put at their base, glued to the TV as the raising of the Mary Rose was being shown live (11 Oct 1982).

Sorry no help to the OP really!

Richard

Our very first holiday on a canal was from there.

Well over 20 years ago now

Just passed there beginning of december.

They're there. I can vouch for that :)

And I still haven't managed to get my own boat yet :(

but working on it lol

Edited by wannabe

Ah Carnforth, one of my favourite places on the Lancaster. We visited the railway station that has the big clock from Brief Encounters renovated.

We really enjoyed our time on that canal, trouble is it's a bugger being so cut off from the main system.

Maybe we'll go back one day though.